PDA

View Full Version : Current Showeq requirments

quack
12-22-2001, 10:25 AM
What are the current showeq requirements? The readme still points to gcc2.95 or gcc3, however, I'm getting the impression from the board that gcc3 is now required. I have attempted to find this information, but it appears to be so illusive.

BTW, I have attempted to compile showeq with both gcc2.95 and gcc3 and get the same libEQ.a not found error with both of them.

Thanks

Quack

ps.. I am looking forward to getting showeq back up. My favorite feature (xp window - how many kill left to level) appears to be gone, but I would still like to see it the new version.

Yendor
12-22-2001, 10:36 AM
gcc3 is actually required to compile showeq4 (I tried forcing it to use 2.91 and it fails, so they are using some gcc3 specific features... or at least post 2.91 features).

libEQ missing is because you didn't follow the instructions and download a copy of libEQ.a and put it in /usr/lib.

quack
12-22-2001, 10:48 AM
Acutally I did download the new version of libEQ.a. My problem was I followed the old instructions and used the cvs co linux command, and not cvs co showeq command. I was getting the old version of showeq. Doh!

thanks for your help. Now to fix my envioment to use gcc-3.0

Quack