PDA

View Full Version : Spell list

PD_Dingo
04-22-2002, 04:19 AM
Hmm all this talk about spells and stuff reminded me one thing, and i think it should be possible to do this. Since when player dies or gets ressurected the spells affecting them are wiped out, i think it would be nice if the spells in the spell list got wiped out too. The dying/res is not that big deal, but when you get disconnected, and have pet with 5 buffs and another 5 buffs on your self, then come back and rebuff, the new buffs in the spell list no longer override the old ones since the player id changed, at this point you are stuck with 20 lines of spell affects.

I think there should be some way to watch for this, i'm in no way a packet hacker so i wouldn't even know where to start looking :)
Maybe some logon confirmation packet from the server or character selection packet from the client ?

Dingo.

fryfrog
04-22-2002, 07:51 AM
in sins you could left/right/middle click on the name and it would remove them from the list. if this is the case, try that. if not, maybe it would be a good thing to add :)

a right click menu to clear all for target id, right click to clear all of caster id, right click to clear all, etc...

i also liked someone's idea of the collapsable view, where each "object" would recieve a spawnlist like collapser and ALL their buffs / spells / etc... would fall into there.

make it nice and organised :)

monster69
04-22-2002, 07:36 PM
Middle click removes the spell from the list, be patient it takes a second or two to leave once clicked.

PD_Dingo
04-25-2002, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by monster69
Middle click removes the spell from the list, be patient it takes a second or two to leave once clicked.

Nice, thanks .. that'll do just fine for me ;)