PDA

View Full Version : Patch Message 4/23 - Big Changes Coming?

Hobo
04-24-2002, 07:16 AM
I wonder if this means we will see some major changes affecting SEQ.

April 23rd, 3:00am
------------------------------

NOTE: We are unable to patch "code" right now because we are in the middle of making some changes to the basic structure of the game. This will delay fixes for system bugs and updates (such as Alternate Advancement Abilities and /commands). Please be patient until we can get these much-needed changes finished. Because these changes affect things such as the database that stores player characters, we're taking care to make these changes the right way.

** Items **

- Faun hooves are now stackable
- Storm Reaper Initiate Scimitar is now magic
- Moss Toe Bracer is no longer Lore
- Bracer of the Stoutdeacon is no longer Lore
- Infected Rat Livers are no longer No-Drop
- Shadowsong Cloak now also grants a hit point bonus
- Sambata Boulder now has a range value and can be thrown
- Spear of Foresight no longer has a range value (it is primary hand only)
- Rod of Identification now has 20 charges
- Patriarch Claws can now be used by Beastlords
- Crystalline Silk Threads are now stackable.

** Spells **

- Casters of slow spells recently given a disease component (such as Shiftless Deeds and Turgur's Insects) should no longer attract undue attention to themselves.
- Raised the price to purchase Phantom Plate scroll to be more in line with others of that spell line
- The following Spells are now usable by Beastlords: Serpent Sight(19), Enduring Breath(29), Levitate(39) and Talisman of Tnarg(53)
- Changed the way Circle of Summer stacks with other spells
- Changed Torrent of Fatigue so that it actually replenishes stamina for the caster instead of taking it away
- Cure Blindness should work now
- Changed Koadic's Heightened Focus to better stack with other mana regeneration spells

** Trade Skills **

- Cazic Thule tradeskill items are no longer No Drop

** Quests **

- Halfling Toes should now be available
- The Dark Elven Cleric Guild Summons should show the proper text now
- The Dark Elf Wizard Guild Summons should show the proper text now
- Unholy Silk Bracer recipe should be correct now

cattj
04-24-2002, 07:56 AM
We've seen these changes on test for the last week so I suspect. I know that I personally have gotten SEQ to work with the new changes.....I'll be the first to admit I have no idea what new data they are packing in there...mostly due to my lazyness. In any case I am sure that the dev team will have no trouble getting this fixed quickly.

-Cattj

ThanosOfTitan
04-24-2002, 02:35 PM
First thing it said to me is they got the date wrong :)

Originally posted by Hobo
April 23rd, 3:00am

A_Seq_user_01
04-25-2002, 11:42 AM
I was at Fan Faire last weekend, and a lot of talk was made describing upcoming technical changes. I think the things they are referring to are related to character storage, and the keying/timing system. I dont know for a fact if that would affect what is sent to the client, but it would seem to me that those are behind the scenes server side things.

fgay trader
04-27-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by A_Seq_user_01
I was at Fan Faire last weekend...

Heh, I hope you didn't go to the Faire as "A_Seq_user_01" :p