PDA

View Full Version : vertical postition filter?

vdopp
05-01-2002, 04:06 PM
I'm pretty new to showeq, but have been useing for over a month, I think I've figured out most of the basic features.

I was just wondering, is there a way to crop the image on the map and perhaps spawns vertically? IE say only show maplines/spawns between zaxis poing neg10 and pos100? It seems that this would make Seq much more useable as a puller for multi floor zones IE POH POF Chardok, and just about every other indoor zone out there, and a few of the outdoor too.

Now from what I've read in the mapping forums the maps are drawn with the loc command, and therefore all points and lines have a z component, also all spawns are listed with a z variable as well so it seems that this could be done. I am not a programmer by a long shot so I'm not sure how involved these things are.

It seems I would be able to filter spawns by z axis with a bit of creative filtering, but that still leaves a jumble of lines from other levels maps. Am I missing a layer filter for the maps? where I could set not to view a certain color of lines?

I have read through the manuals and alot of the recent forums, and did a search so pls don't flame me I'm just trying to put forth an I idea that would make the program signifigantly more useful on many zones.

Just a thoght...

Vdopp

Cryonic
05-01-2002, 04:30 PM
This feature has been in place for quite some time (most of this year at least).

Look at the bottom of the map when SEQ is running, notice the head and floor numbers, those filter the map/mobs if you turn the option on.

slartibartfast
05-01-2002, 04:39 PM
Turn on "Spawn Depth Filter" to filter spawns by height, the head and floor adjust how much gets filtered out.

To filter out parts of the map, use the options under "Map Line Display"

1 "Normal" shows all lines on Map
2 "Depth Filtered" shows lines within the Head->Floor height Range in white and omits lines outside this range.
3 "Faded Floors" shows lines the same height as you White and varying shades of grey depending on how high above or below the lines are, again the floor and head options adjust this feature.

- These features are accessed by right clickin on the map display.

vdopp
05-01-2002, 09:40 PM
Thanks to both of you for the help. I hadn't seen that...

Ryntar
05-07-2002, 10:42 AM
I did a little experimenting with this and it seems to have a few problems...

1> The depth filter offset values don't appear to be relative to the player, but rather abosolute. If they were relative to the player, then the depth filtering would greatly enhance world navigation.

2> The bottom filter offset value doesn't seem to go below a value of 5. Some zones seem to have map locations that are negative (much of Old Sebilis for example).

3> When changing the filter offset values, it doesn't appear that the map is refreshed to reflect the changes. It may be being refreshed just very quickly and with no visible effect due to issues #1 and #2.

It was the impression I got, anyway.

Mr Guy
05-07-2002, 12:28 PM
I'm pretty sure those values are OFFSETS, so you can't have a negative value. A bottom value of 5 means 5 BELOW you.

A top value of 5 likewise means 5 above you. I can't tell you a good rough estimate for those because I rarely use them. I'm thinking a range of about 30 is what I use for Crystal Caverns, but I could be wrong.

fryfrog
05-07-2002, 01:30 PM
yeah, what mr. guy said... the map filtering is not always going to work due to the methods of making some of the old maps. if the MAP itself contains wrong (or no) Z chords, then filtering will be pretty gay looking. i know it works decent in hate for mobs AND the map, as i have used it. my settings were usually between 75 and 200.