PDA

View Full Version : new libEQ.a md5sum

casey
05-06-2002, 03:31 AM
f1ddd1ffa527125ed09ac5543d1f85b0 libEQ.a

BlueAdept
05-06-2002, 07:27 AM
Why the new libeq.a? Is this for the changes that are going to be happening on Wed?

fee
05-06-2002, 12:29 PM
This release of libEQ.a has a couple logic fixes. There was potential for data to decode improperly and this solves that issue.

What changes on Wed?

fee

cattj
05-06-2002, 12:46 PM
I am pretty sure they are putting in the changes on test server Wednesday.
;)

-Cattj

fgay trader
05-08-2002, 08:11 AM
From today's Patch message:
- No updates are sent when the player character is not moving, saving resources. We've also increased the rate that position updates are made by moving player characters, using up some of those saved resources but making movement a bit smoother

Is this the same issue that was causing huge Velocity Lines and stationary objects zipping across the screen?

shadowcat
05-08-2002, 08:22 AM
That patch message was a while ago as was the fix to seq. The latest code has fixed the velocity lines and the zipping objects.

guice
05-08-2002, 09:24 AM
This patch message is new. The old one was PCs where sitting, they would stop their broadcasting. It also caused the side effect of the massive velocity lines, which where fixed shortly there after.

Now, PC loc information isn't broadcasted at all, wether they are sitting or standing, unless they are moving withing range.
It might cause a bit of the same issue as last time.

Since I'm not at home, I'm unable to check it out, etc ....

Musashi
05-08-2002, 01:53 PM
I know how to check my version of libEQ.a against the new version, but how do I update it? Download it from BlueAdept's site, or is there another common location? Thanks!

Mr. Suspicious
05-08-2002, 02:04 PM
Musashi :

Go into your seq directory (the one with the sourcefiles) and then do

> pico README.libEQ
* case sensitive *

Read it =) It's right there.

I also would highly recommend (as is noted in the README.libEQ file) to not download new libeq.a files from any place other then the adresses mentioned inside the README.libEQ file)

Musashi
05-08-2002, 04:04 PM
Pico??? Bleh.. I may not know everything, but at least I know how to use VI ;)

ebola123
05-08-2002, 08:05 PM
I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but I went to both sites listed in the README.libEQ and met with no success. http://www.krisp.com/snapshot.html is apparently not online at the moment (getting unknown host)... and ftp://smurfette.trifocus.net/pub/libeq asks me for a login and password.... to which I tried many things and was never able to login anonymously or otherwise. Am I missing something? I assume I am and would greatly appreciate any help. BTW, I did search the forums already, and came up with nothing helpful in this regard

high_jeeves
05-08-2002, 08:26 PM
DONT CROSS POST! THIS IS NOT THE HELP FORUM!

--Jeeves

xfesty
05-09-2002, 05:26 AM
To the maintainer of the debian apt source : why isnt the latest libEQ.a here? I've apt-get update'd, and it claims that I do in fact have the latest libEQ.a installed, but the md5sum is completely different.

root@peeky[~]# apt-get install libeq
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Sorry, libeq is already the newest version.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 42 not upgraded.
root@peeky[~]# md5sum /usr/lib/libEQ.a
4e9d9772132fc63ea8860cc2fdb2905d /usr/lib/libEQ.a

How is today's patch going to affect things?

- xfesty

BlueAdept
05-09-2002, 07:40 AM
As long as the md5 maches the number posted (I hope everyone knows how to check the sum against the one posted), the libEQ.a should be valid.

I got my copy (the one on my website) from the trifocus site.