PDA

View Full Version : ANy Majors Changes With Today's 5/8/02 Patch?

Hobo
05-08-2002, 09:24 AM
I'm at work so I'm just wondering if the patch today created any problems/changes to SEQ. Anyone know?

Hobo

EQDoze
05-08-2002, 10:00 AM
ShowEQ no worky now...

Lots of changes, it seems... Haven't been up long enough to check what all has changed.

Gullork
05-08-2002, 11:31 AM
Is this before or after re-compiling with the new libEQ.a ?

high_jeeves
05-08-2002, 11:43 AM
The new libEQ.a was just a bugfix.. it doesnt have anything to do with the packet structure changes for today's patch. I'm sure the dev's will have that fixed shortly (I'm sure they have work/school during the day also)

--Jeeves

Mano
05-08-2002, 11:48 AM
To elaborate a little on the items not working...

- Last names are showing up as garbage data in spawnlist
- NPC's on map are showing up as players
- Maps do not open upon zone changes or login
- NPC decoding is not working (most NPC's in Feerott for example are Unknown's, however some are decoded, those that are decoded as mentioned above are listed as players)

Have to wait for 2 more hours before i can check any more things that are not working properly...atm I am attempting to find a few things in the code via web browsing of CVS which is proving to be a difficult task for one whom hasn't been reading C code for 2 yrs.

cattj
05-08-2002, 12:21 PM
These changes (while significant) are not that big of a deal (at least if it is the same as the changes on test). I know this because I fixed these changes on my personal machine so that I could play for the last 2 weeks (i play on test). The dev team will surely have these fixes out soon so just hold tight and have faith.

-Cattj