PDA

View Full Version : May 8th Changes

HanzO
05-09-2002, 07:30 AM
I have made a TON of enhancements to ShowEQ that dump all my player information to text files for offline browsing.

I need to somehow merge these changes with the now working version of ShowEQ.

Could someone help me either:

a) Explain what changes were made to get it working
b) Outline how I can do it myself

I am competent in Linux to the point of tarring what I have, and can muddle through updating it to whatever sourceforge has. I could then probably run diffs on each file.

I know there has got to be an easier way.

Someone tell me please.

high_jeeves
05-09-2002, 08:10 AM
Take a look at the sourceforge pages regarding patches. It will explain how to generate a patch file and upload it. I beleive there are also a few old threads on this board that explain the procedure..

--Jeeves

Mr Guy
05-09-2002, 08:26 AM
I think what he actually wants to know is how to take a diff between the the previous CVS and the latest one.

I'm assuming there is a changes file?

Zaphod
05-09-2002, 09:03 AM
Just do a 'cvs update' it automatically attempts to merge changes and when it has conflicts it delineates them using lines such as
[code]
<<<<<<<
... Your code...
=======
... Current cvs code ...
>>>>>>>>

just manually resolve the conflicts and do a quick lookover of other areas and you should be fine.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

HanzO
05-09-2002, 09:30 AM
Sweet Zaphod, I'll give it a try. I just don't know how to get you guys my changes to allow logging of char info to get it into the build -- it is by far polished, but really works well for helping me keep my Magelo Profile up-to-date on all 30 chars that I have.

Cryonic
05-09-2002, 10:22 AM
High_jeeves already said how. Look at the patches section of the SF page for SEQ.