PDA

View Full Version : Made a new INSTALL.newbies file

Mr. Suspicious
05-09-2002, 09:50 AM
Not sure if this is the place to post this and how to proceed, so 'ere goes.

As a non savvy Linux person (I know my way around in DOS) I installed ShowEQ succesfully and upgraded it succesfully. Ofcourse there were a few bumps on the way, but I managed to iron them out with a little bit of time investment.

I've updated the INSTALL.newbies file that's found in the showeq source file directory and am working on the other readme files aswell. I'm not sure _if_ this is appreciated *grins* So if you want me to stop doing this: just tell me.

Now I have this updated file, how to proceed to get it incorperated into the source or... into the distribution? Should I post it here in this forum? Send it off to a certain email adress? Want me to post the contents here first, so it can be reviewed?

high_jeeves
05-09-2002, 11:56 AM
Take a look at the patches section of SourceForge.. it will explain how to submit changes to the developers...

--Jeeves

crazdefool
05-09-2002, 02:40 PM
any attempt to help out is always appreciated you will find. especially in the documentation area which is somewhat limited you may have noticed.

Mr. Suspicious
05-09-2002, 03:24 PM
I see, will have to turn everything in HTML format then, since the webbased upload feature for submitting documentation is turned off.

Think If I don't turn it into HTML everything will be put on one line (like the previous INSTALL.newbies that can be found at the Documentation page) and that's not er... well, not realy very easy to read =)

casey
05-10-2002, 09:25 AM
just submit a normal patch, and keep it text only.

Mr. Suspicious
05-11-2002, 06:03 PM
Okidoki,

Submitted a new INSTALL.newbies with a complete overhaul to the "patch" section, hope that's the right spot. Was looking at the "documentation" section before, thanks for setting me straight there casey

- included index
- command lines to follow (using --passive ftp for every download to take out the "cannot download X" remarks some people make)
- New command line to listen to EQ dataflow (./showeq eth0 --ip-address=10.0.0.10)
- How to get a new libEQ.a (RTFM =P ~ README.libEQ)
- How to update your ShowEQ using cvs update

and a couple of new things.

Also made a minor change to README.libEQ and send it in aswell. The old version did not show the correct FTP adress (well it was the correct adress, but missing 2 directory entries)

Mr. Suspicious
05-15-2002, 07:56 AM
Submitted Version 4.2.3

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=10131&atid=310131

Document Version 4.2.3

- 1.9 Changing Configurations
Deleted the change configuration part. With the xml implementation there is no need to change configuration manually, everything should be able to be saved while ShowEQ runs using the inprogram Save option.

- 5. Version History of this document
Changed current version to match latest CVS commit

- 6. Credits
Added Credits Chapter