PDA

View Full Version : CVS Commit, May 12, 2002

Zaphod
05-12-2002, 10:48 AM
dohpaZ (12/05/02)
------------------
Modifications:
version 4.2.1
Changed the default for SavePosition from false to true, also consolidated all the SavePosition's to just use the one in the "Interface" section.
Added picks to the "Interface" menu to toggle whether to save window size & position and whether to restore window position (size is always restored if available)
Added a new "Filters" top-level menu with options to control filter and filter alert behavior. Moved filter related menu items from the "File" menu to the "Filters" menu. (filter geeks rejoice ;))
Added ability to enable and configure spawn walk path recording from the "Option" menu
Added control of spell message display to the "Option" menu
Tweaked a few defaults in seqdef.xml to have better values.
Moved "Opcode Monitor" and "Log" menu's to be sub-menus off of the "Network" top-level menu
Moved the "Debug" menu to the end of the menu bar.
Removed assorted dead members from ShowEQParams and the long defunct -d/--despawn-alert and -R/--spawn-regex command line options.
Added missing filter related configuration defaults to seqdef.xml

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

casey
05-13-2002, 01:57 PM
bump

/me doesnt like out of order announcements.

Virusmaster
05-13-2002, 02:51 PM
Casey is now promoted to keeper of neat and tidy things :0

Nice job all (I know, the usual butt smooch comment after an update). No, really, I mean it. I see a lot of folks complaining about the XML stuff, and other changes, but from my perspective I see a software project starting to take on a more finished and professional look, with future updates being a primary consideration. Too bad ya can't sell it!

Every piece of software written has a final goal, for some it's to be functional and that's it, while for others it's got to be glass-smooth, flawless - more of an art form then a simple tool. Gratz Zaphod, the code poet! I like the direction you're heading. Definately a step up from the usual open source "good enough, it works" attitude. You (and all of those who contribute) have done far more than is required for the SEQ project. If it did half the things it does and did them half as well us EQ junkies would still use it. So, yea, nice job. Not just for keeping it working and fixing it all so quick when it breaks, but nice job for taking it further than it needs to go, and making it look and run better.

CoolGuyEQ
05-13-2002, 09:00 PM
Great update - love how all the settings are done via the interface - AWESOME work guys!

One thing I noticed....even if I set it to update at 30fps, the mob/player movement is very choppy...tried checking 'Fast Computer', no difference....

Any ideas of what caused this? Wasn't happening before the big updates the past couple of days...

Thanks!

CGEQ

Dedpoet
05-13-2002, 09:03 PM
Probably the "Animate Spawn" setting. It defaults to off now, but if you turn it on that should fix you up.

rencro
05-13-2002, 09:16 PM
Under the Map1 section:

Line 443-444 in seqdef.xml

<property name="AnimateSpawnMovement" >
<bool value="false" />

change to :

<bool value="true" />

No more chop......

Good luck..

rencro
05-13-2002, 09:18 PM
hmmm, no code -(

Anyways just change the bool false to bool true

nevlik
05-13-2002, 09:28 PM
I know the patch found within the message boards isn't technically supported, but I just thought you should know that the fbsdseqpatch-0.5 is broken with this release, as well as ShowEQ 5/12 CVS on its own in FreeBSD 4.x.

The breakage occurs post configure, right in the make, looking for a stdint.h that simply doesn't exist in FreeBSD.

Is true FreeBSD compatibility a planned future feature of the ShowEQ project?

Thanks for your time.

Zaphod
05-13-2002, 09:41 PM
casey, good bump as always.

Virusmaster, Thanks.

DedPoet, give the person a cigar. Thanks for trying to help another user.

CoolGuyEQ, if you right-click on any of the maps it brings up a menu, you'll find the "Animate Spawns" setting there. Then just save the preference using the "File" menu's "Save Preferences" item.

rencro, you prolly don't wanna change the preferences directly in seqdef.xml unless you're doing site config (and are using multiple ShowEQ instances). Just use the GUI or copy the right stuff to your showeq.xml file.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Nurseling
05-13-2002, 10:27 PM
This update actually the last one, has improved my performance so much. (IE; adjusting size of windows, the pulldown menus) all seem to be much more responsive, it works beutifully.
Thanks guys for your hard work

P.S I finaly got that size 8 font changed in the spawn list. Now I can even read the spawn names.

:p BTW who reads size 8 font.

CoolGuyEQ
05-14-2002, 05:51 AM
Worked like a champ - thanks again as always guys!

CGEQ

fuqjak
05-14-2002, 09:19 AM
AWESOME new features guys.

Great job.

I really appreciate your hard work and I know that a lot of others do as well. Keep up the good work!

This is a strange question but I'll ask it anyway.

Could you tell us how many people do a CVS update after a new version is realeased? I am just wondering HOW MANY people use ShowEQ because I really dont see a problem with it at all - I don't abuse it, use it for profit, or to harm others - only for better enjpyment of the game (my time is limited - I have a family)

Fuqjak

Thanks again guys - YOU ROCK!!!!!