PDA

View Full Version : Options Not Saving (Not a Help Post)

Dedpoet
05-13-2002, 06:32 PM
Since the switch to xml config files, I have noticed that the "Fast Machine" toggle does not save when you set it in the GUI. The default is off, and after switching it to on, saving preferences, and exiting, it is back to off after I launch seq again. Changing the value to 1 in the .xml file did change it.

I have also noticed that the individual columns in the Skill, Stats, and Spawn List windows default to on, but when you try to toggle them off, the menu item gets a check mark next to it and the column stays visisble. Toggling it again turns it off. Should the options have the check mark by default since they are all on?

Finally, I'm sure you guys know this, but the "View -> Channel Messages" toggle doesn't save either. Setting the variable to 0 in the .xml file doesn't turn it off by default. I assume this is because channels are a message box defined separately in the config file. I deleted the appropriate section from my config and now the window does not open. This has actually been the case since a few CVS commits ago, but before the xml change, I could edit the toggle in the .config file and that would work.

I'm getting used to the xml system slowly. I've checked out a few editors and am figuring things out. Overall I like the new config system, especially with the mostly-GUI interface to it.

Great work on the newest version guys. I hope my observations help.

Nobody
05-14-2002, 01:57 PM
I've had some sporatically save or not. The Fast machine finally saved, but I can't get my Catagories in the mob list to save. Every time I start I have to put Alert, Hunt, Caution, Danger, etc back in.

It's almost like some options are buffered. If you save and quite immediately it may/may not save before the quit. Not saying that's how it is, but how it seemed to me yesterday.

Dedpoet
05-14-2002, 02:18 PM
Personally I only use 3 categories - All, Alert, and Map Found. I rename Alert to .Alert so it shows as the top category, and I removed all the other categories from the xml file entirely to get it to stay that way.

In my experience, the best way to edit categories is to open the xml file while seq is not running, make your changes by hand, and then fire it back up. I'm sure when Zaphod gets to the spawn list on his current GUI options mission, this will change, but for now you have to do it offline. 10 or 15 minutes of playing with the xml file, and you'll have it figured out.

Zaphod
05-14-2002, 02:56 PM
There are numerous options that never got persisted in either the new or old system, one of the ones that's always been editable from the GUI, but never persistable, was the list of catagories. These changes are done and will be in my next CVS commit.

The other big one that was editable from the GUI but never persisted was the Message Dialogs (Channel messages). These message dialogs are fugly old code and I'm still working through how I want to deal with them.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Dedpoet
05-15-2002, 07:31 AM
/hug Zaphod

Ok, maybe that was a little much, but I have been hoping for these changes since I started using this application. Thanks.

Nobody
05-15-2002, 11:19 AM
Persistant on the catagories was all I needed to make this the perfect tool again.

Damn you guys are good.