PDA

View Full Version : Fix 3.1.2

SeqTester
12-23-2001, 03:18 PM
As of last time I checked SEQ3.1.2 is still in the CVS tree and being a new libEQ.a has been released and Dercryption is suported now are you going to fix the 3.1.2 in CVS to decode? or put the patch back up to fix it.

I got my 4.0 to work today and love it, but I have a few guild mates that are having problems and after the many many hours of work I already have done keeping my version working since before luclin I don't feel like going through hours of helping them to get theres working. I guess I can just send them my decode.cpp and everquest.h from my working 3.1.2 but I am more thinking for the people still having issues with upgrading there Linux.

OR was this done to rid Everquest of all the Scriptkiddies who can only ./configure && make && make install?

Yendor
12-27-2001, 01:26 AM
If anyone still cares I will post a patch to the current 3.1.2 tree that makes it decode with the a38 libEQ.a.

I will post it tomorrow. Unfortuneately I can't test it with RedHat 6.1 anymore or gcc2 as I am completely upgraded for the 4.x showeq tree. But I think I added in what was needed to compile for that version of linux.

The patch does the following:
- configure.in fixed to detect executable extension correctly, only needed to clean up an error message in another part of the script.
- configure.in fixed to access libEQ-3.1.2.a instead of libEQ.a
- main.cpp fixed to not hardcode turn off decode option
- decode.cpp fixed to not mangle packets
- decode.cpp fixed to trick a38 libEQ.a into decoding packets
- packet.h fixed to compile under RedHat 6.1 (older glibc)

I don't recommend using this version as the new version is SOOO much faster on slow systems. However if you are really up a creak then maybe this will help you.

Ratt could choose to incorporate these final changes into 3.1.2, but somehow I doubt he will bother.

I actually needed to restore 3.1.2 for other reasons, I will be making no further modifications to 3.1.2... but perhaps this will do someone some small good. Anyway I will try to post it later Thursday. I still need to generate the diff file and then blow everything away and see if I can rebuild cleanly. I lost my old copy when I upgraded so I had to refigure out all my changes again, lol.

Yendor
12-27-2001, 09:03 PM
Ok. I am going to try to attach the seq3.1.2.patch.gz to this message.

gunzip seq3.1.2.patch.gz
cp seq3.1.2.patch [SHOWEQ-3.1.2 DIRECTORY]
cd [SHOWEQ-3.1.2 DIRECTORY]
patch -p0 < seq3.1.2.patch

Rename your a38 version of libEQ.a to libEQ-3.1.2.a and put it in /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib. The patched configure.in will find it by that name now. Do a complete rebuild (from "make -f Makefile.dist" on down).

Again this is a patch against the CURRENT 3.1.2 CVS tree (linux/) not (showeq/). The current 3.1.2 tree contains a number of bug fixes that the 3.1.2 tarball that is floating around does not have (I don't think).

Sorry if you disagree with my posting this. If for some reason the moderators/devteam don't want this posted feel free to delete it. I prepared it for my own benefit (mostly I am using v4, but I needed to get this to work).

I don't intend to make any additional patches, but if I screwed something up with this one I will post any other changes needed.
Let me know if it works.

I strongly urge everyone to move to the v4 tree however. Bite the bullet, update to the latest version of you linux distribution and have a ball.

Hmmm... attachments appear not to work even though it says I can post them... oh well. Don't think it does any good to clear text post them as the formatting will screw up and the patch file probably won't work.

sakshale
12-28-2001, 12:01 AM
Use the patch submission tools over on the sourceforge site. That will make it easier for people to get them.

Yendor
12-28-2001, 10:04 AM
Ok. As suggested I posted it to the sourceforge seq patches thing and that seems to have worked.