PDA

View Full Version : showeq -T

SeqTester
12-23-2001, 03:22 PM
showeq -T
I noticed this no longer works with seq4.0.

Is there any plans to reintegrate this? I have noticed you never really see much talk abut this option and I am not sure if it was scrapped for a reason. I have been using this feature and it is very nice for looking for safe spots to camp in zones.

If you never used this before it is a feature that highlights the selected mobs path it has "walked" since you where in the zone.

Thanks
:cool:

Pratchett
12-24-2001, 04:23 AM
right click on your main window map area.. the option is in there.
-david

SeqTester
12-24-2001, 09:14 AM
I saw that but it isnt workign on mine.

Is it working on yours?

Pratchett
12-27-2001, 11:39 AM
went and tried it and it is not working. The option is to trace the path of the selected spawn.. not all spawns anyway.

-prat

Zaphod
12-29-2001, 12:59 PM
Use the -t command line option or set "WalkPathRecording" to 1 in the "Misc" section of the configuration file for the mob walk paths to be recorded.

Also use the -L <length> command line option or set the "WalkPathLength" value in the "Misc" section of the configuration file to set the maximum number of position changes to track for each mob. The higher the value the more memory it takes up (around 14 bytes per movement per mob).

You enable the display of the mob path information on a per map basis using the menu available via right clicking.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

winseq
12-31-2001, 08:39 PM
First time I played with this option...

Kinda nifty, but it seems it'd be a lot more usefull if you could see the paths of all the mobs at the same time. Maybe even have the path color the same as the con color.