PDA

View Full Version : build crashes

sakshale
05-14-2002, 09:26 PM
Starting about two patches back, my build has been failing. I have a standard build script that I have been using for ages and have not notices any announcements on requirements changes and search does not show any references to xmlconv.cpp. The build ends with:

Making install in src
make[1]: Entering directory `/s1/local/src/showeq/showeq/src'
source='xmlconv.cpp' object='xmlconv.o' libtool=no \
depfile='.deps/xmlconv.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/xmlconv.TPo' \
depmode=gcc3 /bin/sh ../depcomp \
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/local/src/qt-2.3.2/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DMAPDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -DLOGDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -I/usr/include/pcap -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -c -o xmlconv.o `test -f xmlconv.cpp || echo './'`xmlconv.cpp
xmlconv.cpp: In member function `bool DomConvenience::elementToVariant(const
QDomElement&, QVariant&)':
xmlconv.cpp:248: Internal error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <URL:http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/> for instructions.
make[1]: *** [xmlconv.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/s1/local/src/showeq/showeq/src'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

My build script is:

export QTDIR=/usr/local/src/qt-2.3.2
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

export QTDIR PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

make -f Makefile.dist

./configure --with-qt-dir=${QTDIR} --with-qt-includes=${QTDIR}/include --with-qt-libraries=${QTDIR}/lib

make -j3
make install

casey
05-15-2002, 10:47 AM
xmlconv.cpp:248: Internal error: Segmentation fault

i suggest you read the signal 11 faq

http://www.tldp.org/FAQ/sig11/html/index.html

deals with gcc sgefaulting while compiling the kernel, but it may give you some ideas anyway.

AlfredBorel
05-17-2002, 05:13 AM
Does it always crash at the same point ?

I've had this problem various times, but crashing at different points each time... until I found out that the problem was coming from my PC overheating...

I've removed the side cover, ventilated it manually and ... perfect compilation !!! I.T. is not an exact science :D

Hope it helps,

Alfred

sakshale
05-17-2002, 01:51 PM
The owner of the sig11 web site recommended that I look into a compiler upgrade as the error always occured at the same place.

I have upgraded to gcc-c++-3.1-1 and compiles are now succeeding. I won't be able to try out the new binary until tomorrow, but for now, just being able to compile is good enough. :)