PDA

View Full Version : Kicking around an idea

BlueAdept
05-16-2002, 08:02 AM
Last night I got tired of having the alerts be defined in the alerts and the hunt sections to have the line drawn to them so I added the line to the alert section (copy and paste of like 5 lines).

I started thinking that it would probably be better if we could add in the showeq.conf (or rather the new xml one (which I havent upgraded to yet)) the ability to change the different sections are displayed. Like choosing the color for the lines, circles, squares, triangles or change the circle to a triangle or square, or add a line for the filtered selection.

Alert section:

Draw a line "0"
Draw a shape arount mob "1" 0=no shape 1=circle 2=triangle 3=square
Blink "0"
Color "3" 0=white 1=yellow etc.

I havent delved into this. I dont know how feasible it is. Im not very proficient with C but Ill see what I can do.

Let me know if anyone is interested in this or not. If not, I might just make it a pet project for myself.

Mr Guy
05-16-2002, 09:02 AM
That ought to be workable. Let me poke at it with a sharp stick for a bit. I'd encourage others to do the same.

Mr Guy
05-16-2002, 12:22 PM
Ok I'm looking at the code that reads the filter from the file. My two first initial thoughts are that A) They may not like these changes, as they would be ShowEq specific. B) You would need to do something specific to delineate the line as being "special tag", otherwise it would filter on whatever you put.

Ie you'd would need to define a format like:

* indicates the beginning of line with special tags

Format of line:
*{1}{2}{3}{FILTER STRING}

I think you may be better off simply defining your own catagory with the behavior you want. I've posted how to do that other places.

Mr Guy
05-16-2002, 12:29 PM
http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=849

Thread is old and line numbers may be off, but that should still be the ghist of how to add a filter section.

Alwayslost
05-16-2002, 01:02 PM
I just yesterday put in a feature request to be able to set the SIZE of the representative dots based on the filters...

So a [filter] could be size 0
a [hunt] could be a 4
etc...

But I like the idea of making those "dots" different shapes also..

Take this one step further...

Since we can define our own filter categories, why not have a "Locate" top menu... that pulls down to reveal all the current filter headers then you can select one of the filter categories and have all those mobs pointed to.

BlueAdept
05-16-2002, 01:42 PM
I modded mine a long time ago to put a line to an alert, I didnt do it to my last updated version of SEQ until last night.

It is pretty simple to change the shape/size or add a line to an existing catagory.

I havent studied it in a while. Ill see what I could genericize and I have never added anything to the conf so I would have to figure out how to do that too.

Mr Guy
05-17-2002, 07:06 AM
Aaaah I misread what you wanted entirely.

I was thinking you wanted to be able to have it on a PER MOB basis, not to chance the definition of the catagories.

The later ought to be much easier, it's simply a matter of having a new option in the preferences, which near as I can tell is read pretty much dynamically.

I'll have to poke at the XML stuff to see exactly HOW though.