PDA

View Full Version : possible removal of certain fields from the filter string.

Zaphod
05-18-2002, 01:09 PM
I'm considering removing certain information from the spawn filter string that the filter regular expressions are matched against and was wondering if anybody ever matches against these fields?

The fields are:
HP:
MaxHP:
X:
Y:
Z:

Removing these will improve filter matching performance slightly, and make it easier to use the new "Add filter" item from the Spawn List context menu. Let me know what you think.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Cryonic
05-18-2002, 03:58 PM
Hmm, filter on HP for mobs. Well, don't get the actual amount anymore, just a percent, so this can go. Same with MaxHP since it will only be 100 or 65535 for mobs.

Filter by X/Y/Z. Guess that can go since you can just zoom the map in to just see that area you are interested in.

Guess they can go, especially if it results in a performance boost for filtering/finding of mobs.

ThanosOfTitan
05-18-2002, 08:36 PM
From a filters prespective I can't imagine anyone using them.

sauron
05-20-2002, 02:03 AM
In BW, there is a spawn that is a totally random mob, but always appears at a specific X, Y spot. This is the only time I can think that I would have used the X and Y filters.

FYI, this is the spawn for Phurzikon and Neze (named wurms) and PHs.

devnul
05-20-2002, 11:48 AM
Maybe Z, but not X & Y. Probably not Z either.

If you have a certain camp of some number of certain mobs that spawn in certain places but do not wish to be alerted to any but your own pops then the X and Y are very useful and further the only way that these can be distinguished between other mobs of the same name.

Also if you do not know all the PH for a certain mob then X and Y alerts are a good way to find them out.

This has a use. Please don't remove it.

dn

RSB
05-20-2002, 08:42 PM
I actually use the Z coordinate but as long as it stays in the tooltip on the map i'll be happy. I never filter on it. It is usefull to find that stupid mob in a multi level dungeon or to verify that it is under the world etc.

Cryonic
05-20-2002, 09:07 PM
This thread is about removing these from the filter list, not the spawn display (if I'm understanding correctly). HP, MaxHP, X, Y and Z should still be in the spawn list, but when you enter something into the filter.conf file or into the Regex bar above the map it will no longer look at these things.

To watch for mobs spawning in a certain area you could easily zoom a different map in and pan it to that area and have it not follow anyone.

LordCrush
05-20-2002, 11:49 PM
I think that is a good idea. Now you have to cut that out manually.

Evil Idea :D

Configure the fields you want in the config file, hehe

- NO i am not unsatisfied with your work - You made great improvement to SEQ - only just a thought ;) -

Another idea on filters - hmmm i think it was posted some time ago ... How to have a global filterfile that applies to every zone.
You can put in filters on anciend, corrupted etc.
I tried it myself, but my knowledge of c is not good enough :( ...

Thanks for your great work

- Lord Crush

three-p-o
05-21-2002, 01:28 PM
Actually I would like to keep HP.. MaxHP can go thou and the coordinates I never used anyway..

Do what you feel is right.

Dedpoet
05-21-2002, 01:42 PM
Three-p-o, I am just curious as to why you would want to filter on hit points.

The only thing I could come up with is to get an alert beep as something you are killing hits X percent hit points. Maybe to tell a wizzy when to nuke? That would need some tricky regex settings to allow for the fact that the percent is rarely a nice number, like a multiple of 10. I definately use it in the spawn list, but how are you using this to filter?