PDA

View Full Version : Maps Not Centering

Dedpoet
05-20-2002, 08:07 AM
I may be smoking crack, but I have noticed that the maps don't center on my player while moving through a zone. I think this coincides with the change to allow default zoom to save. If I have a zoom level that doesn't show the whole zone map at once, my player circle will be off-center on the map.

Not a complaint, more of an observation. I don't remember it working this way before, but only because I never noticed before. Can anyone set me straight on this?

Nobody
05-20-2002, 10:54 AM
Check your settings. There is one you can set to center the map on you or the mob targetted.

Dedpoet
05-20-2002, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I did check that when I first noticed it and it was definitely not set to "follow mob." I even changed it to "follow mob" and then back to "follow player" thinking the setting might be subject to the same checkmark issues the drop-down menus had in the last CVS. That didn't change anything. I'm not the type to post something without checking the settings and messing around with things first. I'll poke around at it more tonight, since I noticed it last night right before I logged - I was just wondering if anyone else had seen it.

Dedpoet
05-21-2002, 08:06 AM
I have worked in IT for years, so I know how stupid this sounds, but the problem fixed itself. I know, I know, but it did. Clicked on Follow -> None, then Follow -> Player just like I did the other night and this time it re-centered. The only thing I can come up with is that last time I didn't wait long enough. I have the X performance bug and sometimes my clicks and key presses lag up to 30 seconds. I thought going to self-built QT rather than RPM would solve it, but it didn't...next step is Gentoo I think. Isn't that what holiday weekends are for? Playing with Linux distros? Maybe that's just me...