PDA

View Full Version : map used color chart

Mr. Suspicious
05-21-2002, 04:03 AM
While I was making changes to my maps, I noticed that I actually didn't know which colors and which colornames I _could_ use. So I dove into the source (drawmap.cpp and map.cpp)

The following color names are possible to use:

grey
darkblue
darkgreen
darkcyan
darkred
darkmagenta
darkyellow
darkgray
white
blue
green
cyan
red
magenta
yellow
gray

Please note that: DarkYellow is not in the standard X11R6 rgb.txt file so its use should be discouraged.

I took the color scheme from the source and made a handy colorchart in .gif format, that helped me greatly in selecting the colors I wanted to use for my maps. Perhaps someone else will find it usefull aswell.

Mr. Suspicious
05-21-2002, 09:48 AM
Actually I just noticed that darkYellow is commented out. So doesn't work. Aswell as "grey"

Mr. Suspicious
05-27-2002, 10:49 AM
New colorchart

Zaphod
05-28-2002, 08:06 AM
Any color appearing in the X11R6 rgb.txt file (typically found in /usr/lib/X11/rgb.txt) can be used in ShowEQ, although some colors may not appear properly in all non-ShowEQ viewers. The only reason I haven't changed ShowEQ to use a standard color picker is that a lot of non-ShowEQ utilities that read the map format won't understand the "#RRGGBB" form that Qt returns for color names (ie. you put in "DarkBlue" and QColor::name() returns "00008b").

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)