PDA

View Full Version : GroupMemberStruct wrong size

bonkersbobcat
05-22-2002, 09:21 PM
I get these when deleting group members. This does not seem to cause a crash or anything, but the garbage chars comming up on the console can't be good.

WARNING: GroupInfoCode (2640) (dataLen:454 != sizeof(groupMemberStruct):230)!
Member: [Char Name] - 8» (10)
WARNING: GroupInfoCode (2640) (dataLen:454 != sizeof(groupMemberStruct):230)!
Member: [Char Name] - ±LöwH`;¾ (0)

Zaphod
05-22-2002, 09:47 PM
You just volunteered to figure out what the new structure shape is... Go to the "Network" menu and select the "Log" sub-menu and enable "Unknown Zone Data". Then after getting that message look in "/usr/local/share/showeq/unknownzone.log" and look for packets with lines begiinning with "000 | 26 40" and figure out the structure. Then modify everquest.h to match the new structure, recompile, test the changes, and then when it all works, submit a patch. :D

The strings you are getting are "Mostly Harmless" ;)

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

bonkersbobcat
05-23-2002, 11:14 AM
I am working on this and have a question. Once I make the structure size correct in everquest.h, I will stop getting the data in the unknownzone.log file. I assume that once this happens, I will need to turn on op code monitoring to further examine the packets in question.

I have edited my seqdef.xml file so that the <property name="OpCodeMonitoring_List"> node contains <string value="2640:GroupChange:3:1" /> but when I turn on Op Code monitoring, it says that I haven't set any codes in my showeq.conf file. I also tried putting values in my showeq.conf file with the same results.

So my questions are: 1) Am I correct in that I will need op code monitoring once I get the structure size correct?; 2) Is Op Code monitoring working?; 3) where should I configure the list of op codes to monitor?

bonkersbobcat
05-23-2002, 10:03 PM
I submitted Patch 559953 as a first stab at this.

I noticed that the m_xxx.cpp files did not get included with the cvs diff command. I also noticed that the position of stuff in these files changed on me during compile. Are these files auto generated by the build process? If not then I need to manually diff those and submit another patch. If so then it means that I didn't need to spend time editing them...

This patch updates the groupInfo structure to be the correct length. I haven't been able to decode the rest of it yet, but at least the first two names fields are correct now.

While working on this I noticed that there were 4 unimplemented opcodes that deal with group structures (4020, 4120, 4220, 4420) I put in the code to deal with these new op codes. I added to strucutures, interface, and the packet logger. I have not spent much time in the code line and am not positive I updated stuff everwhere I needed to. Someone more knowledgeable please check my work. (It seems to work for me ok)

I also submitted patch 559952, but forgot to log in, so please ignore that one.

high_jeeves
05-23-2002, 10:20 PM
The m_xxx.cpp files are generated by the moc (Meta Object Compiler), if I remember correctly... You shouldn't have to edit/diff/submit these files..

--Jeeves

bonkersbobcat
05-23-2002, 10:50 PM
cvs diff -u > whatever.diff doesn't pick up changes in these files then?

I will submit patches for these m_xxx.cpp files that I edited. Are there any other files that need to be diffed that wont be picked up by a cvs diff?

or

Does the moc thingy build its work from the other sourcefiles, not making it necessary to deal with the m_xxx.cpp files manually?

Edit:

I looked at the make file and found this:

m_%.cpp: %.h
$(MOC) -nw $< -o $@

I read this as the m_xxx.cpp files are generated from the corresponding .h files. This suggests my second case above right? (meaning its auto built)

high_jeeves
05-23-2002, 11:04 PM
MOC builds these files... they are generated from other source.. if the files arent checked into CVS, they wont show in the diff, and they dont need to be patched...

--Jeeves

bonkersbobcat
05-24-2002, 01:22 AM
That's what I thought, but your message above

You should have to edit/diff/submit these files..

confused me. I now assume you meant "Shouldn't"

high_jeeves
05-24-2002, 08:04 AM
Yep.. sorry.. I just went back and edited...

--Jeeves

Zaphod
05-24-2002, 08:21 AM
Cool, now if only more people responded like this... ;)

This patch is very helpful and will be included in my next CVS commit (probably later today).

Thanks and Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)