PDA

View Full Version : Install Directory

LordCrush
12-15-2001, 01:43 PM
Hi everyone,

where can i change the default showeq-directory /usr/local/share/showeq - that i can use 2 different versions on the same system ?

I did not find it in the params ( --help) or ins the README - perhaps its a RTFM-Question ;-)

Thanks and keep up the great work :-)

Lord Crush

Yendor
12-15-2001, 05:35 PM
You probably can't, I think I've noticed /usr/local/share/showeq also hardcoded in some spots, so if you want different config files you may have to modify some stuff manually.

darkangelx
12-16-2001, 12:13 AM
umm how about no thats the good thing about linux where you install it is not relivent

i have had it work on /usr/loca/linux and /usr/local/showeq/linux
just have the lib support and it should work without a problem

bluevulpine
12-16-2001, 05:59 AM
Hmm.

Do you mean you want to set up more than one configure file? SEQ checks your current directory first for showeq.conf. Make a copy to your home directory, modify, and run. To use the config in /usr/local/share/showeq just cd to a directory where you don't have a conf file.

You want to have two different compiled binaries installed? Set up your first one, do the make and make install. Then make clean. Then, reconfigure as needed (editing source files, for example) and run

./configure --program-suffix=something

then make and make install.

This will set up the binary so it's called 'showeqsomething'. Note, there's no space or dot or dash, it tacks on the suffix exactly as you enter it in.