PDA

View Full Version : CVS Commit, May 31, 2002

Zaphod
05-31-2002, 03:59 PM
dohpaZ (31/05/02)
------------------
Modifications:
version 4.2.7
Applied patch # 561114 "3 new maps" by mrsuspicious (mrsuspicious)
Added a KDevelop 2.0 project (showeq.kdevprj) for those who wish to use that IDE.
Added Deity and Body type fields to the Spawn List.
Cleaned up some class names EQPlayer => Player, EQStatList => StatList, EQSkillList => SkillList.
Renamed class CSpawnList to SpawnList. Split SpawnList related classes into current SpawnList specific classes and those that could be reused in the new lighter weight SpawnList.
Created Spawn List 2, a lighter weight less memory/CPU intensive Spawn List. Defaults set to minimize CPU usage. Made it the spawn list used by default.
Assorted cleanups in SpawnList.
Changed SpawnShell from using an stl::map to a Qt QIntDict for maintaining the Spawn/Coin/Drop/Door information. This is mostly being done as a punt to fix the current primary crashing problem. We'll see if this works or the standing problem will continue to mock us...
Modified SpawnShell::findID() method to return the Player object if the user requested type == tSpawn and the id happens to be the player id. Also, modified SpawnShell:findSpawnByRawName() to check and return the Player object if no other match was found and the player matches.
Modified spawnshell to make the player appear more as a normal spawn. It now appears in the spawn list again and a tooltip will now appear for the player on the map again.
Cleaned up the spawn monitor ipmlementation a little, SpawnPoint now inherits from EQPoint instead of Item (reduces memory footprint and unneeded functionality).
Modified Spawn Point interaction with the map. The currently selected spawn point will now be surrounded by a flashing blue square. The spawn points now have tooltips and are selectable. They also follow the spawn depth filtering settings.
Added the ability to delete individual spawn points through the right-click context menu of the Spawn Point List.
Fixed the "smoothness" issue with the map following the player.
Fixed renaming of Spawn Points. Also fixed the displayed Z coordinate of Spawn Points.
Fixed map tooltip so that it now pays attention to spawn depth if spawn depth filtering is enabled.
Normalized naming of x, y, and z coordinate members, methods, and variables.
Further cleanup of the Spawn and Player classes.
Improved performance of SpawnList under Qt 3.x.

Notes:
Use of Qt 3.x is currently unsupported. But if you choose to use Qt 3.0.[1-4] you should apply the following patch to it and rebuild it: http://www.doomed.to/showeq/qt/qt-x11-free-3.0.4_qsignal.patch. Theoretically this patch should not be necessary with Qt 3.0.5 when it is released.

And here are some assorted other CVS commits from recent history that weren't announced:

fee (26/05/02)
------------------
Modifications:
updated CharProfileStruct

fee (25/05/02)
------------------
Modifications:
updated Tenebrous.map
updated Acrylia.map
updated Griegsend.map (thanks Morannon)
updated Nektulos.map (thanks Mr. Suspicious)

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Cryonic
05-31-2002, 04:24 PM
Can I say just one thing:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. The continued development of SEQ has been the only thing that has kept EQ bearable for me. I don't pay for my account, just maintain the characters for a friend now :)

Wartrack
05-31-2002, 09:47 PM
Awesome!! :) The spawn point stuff is great... I hope to see this area advance :)

LordCrush
06-01-2002, 03:14 AM
WOOOOOOOOT Zaphod

/cheer /cheer /cheer

Not more to say :D

- Lord Crush

Cryonic
06-02-2002, 12:45 PM
bump

must keep in order :)

Mr Guy
06-03-2002, 07:12 AM
Any chance of a secret fix to sort the x/y/z of spawn points numerically instead of alphabetically?

Darkstar
06-04-2002, 08:45 AM
I've been a user of ShowEQ for about 5 months and this is my first post. I just wanted to say thanks for the awesome program. You guys keep the game fun. Thanks for all the hard work!