PDA

View Full Version : To Yendor, Catt, Seqtester et all.

Mr. Suspicious
06-02-2002, 02:38 PM
In http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7&highlight=map.cpp (dec 15th 2001)

you posted:

The default filter would be something like

.,1-100,con,dot,false,none

Possibly some other things could go here, per filter velocity
flags, whether to draw lines to mobs within some range the
way caution/danger seems to now that I actually really
dislike.

I could do some of the changes, but others seem to be
working on it and I don't want to waste my effort

Doing a search myself on map.cpp a lot of usefull posts turn up, with indeed quite a few indications of people wanting these changes and also wanting to make them, yet none of them does =) Now, almost half a year further, the functionality is still not in ShowEQ.

So here's my bold question.... is there anyone working on this, is there anyone willing to work on this or... am I going to have to put my newly acquired C++ knowledge to work to get this working (and probably in the process break every other aspect of ShowEQ :D)?

Mr Guy
06-03-2002, 07:46 AM
I have the nagging thought this is in the back of Zaphod's mind with the XML conf in. The XML conf makes adding something like this much easier. That aside, go for it, and let me know if you need help.

Catt
06-03-2002, 01:13 PM
I'd have to say it's an interesting idea, though not one I'd be able to tackle any time soon.

The quick change I made back then was when the hunted (etc) spawn where not displaying, thus no 'con' colour, so I made their flashing ring, the 'con' colour. Really a simple, minor change.

Mr. Suspicious
06-05-2002, 12:40 PM
* scratches everything away *

Disregard the blabbering of an idiot please =)

Mr. Suspicious
06-09-2002, 08:27 PM
Okay, here's the first thing I changed to the current map.cpp and map.h files.

I added a new memberfunction: paintIcon() that is called from the various filters and paints the requested icon. It's not as elegant as it could be (I'm pretty sure anyone else could do waaaay better =) but remember I only picked up c++ a few weeks ago =P)

Now I'm facing the task to find where in the code to "shove" in the "read" config file and how to store the read data... am thinking *with my limited knowledge* about plain variables, BUT, if I ever get myself to understand classes, a class: Icon/filter should be better)

Attached the code this far, would appreciate feedback on it.

Edit: file to big *sigh* Okay, downloadable from: http://www.petervandongen.com/download/map.tar.gz (31kb)

Edit2: Wrong link, corrected link