PDA

View Full Version : SEQ on RedHat 7.2 box

Kris Kringle
06-03-2002, 12:04 PM
Just wanted to express my thanks for the wealth of knowledge on this board, along with HackersQuest boards.. Yes.. I did register just to say thanks.. this is my first time working with linux, and im one of those people who doesn't ask for help often. I just get frustrated, leave it alone for an hour, and come back to it.

I started originally with Mandrake 8.2, and had problems installing it to begin with.. after I finally got it running, there were then problems with "make install".. Screw this..

Got a copy of Redhat 7.2, installed it, no problems now.. Go through the SEQ install walkthroughs, crap.. missing files.. this is starting to irritate me.. (yes.. I did choose all the listed RPMS as far as I know)

I ended up doing a COMPLETE install (every single package listed is now on my hard drive.. hehe ) and then went back through the install walkthroughs.. Any questions I had were already answered somewhere on one board or another, so I had to bother no one :)

Its now installed, runs great, and since it'll be my third computer (first and second are connected to eachother, no hub) im now just waiting for my hub and router to come in, and try it out..

Thanks again, and happy SEQing..

TweedleDee
06-04-2002, 12:30 PM
You should write a FAQ on how to use search and not bug people with previously answered questions ;) Refreshing to see someone with inherent problem solving skills instead of (will somebody make seq for windows??? :D

Kris Kringle
06-04-2002, 04:33 PM
I enjoyed reading the "will someone make seq for windows" posts, and all the remarks that followed it :) Kept me going till the wee hours of the morning!

dattas
06-25-2002, 10:35 PM
Lol that gave me an idea i can't get seq to work either on redhat so i am going to do a complete install and see what that does for me :D tell u about it later