PDA

View Full Version : spawnlist.txt

BlueAdept
06-06-2002, 09:29 AM
We really need some new spawnlist.txt files from people. There are still many zones that havent been covered very well. If you could please send us your spawnlist.txt files.

The EQEmu group also has a need for them. It will help them populate the world on the emulator. Your spawn lists will help not only us, but also emu too.

please send them to [email protected]

Thanks again

Nobody
06-06-2002, 10:44 AM
In addition feel free to comment on what's out there such as "XXX needs to be listed" or "YYY is nothing because he's for ZZZ"

Don't worry about spellings, I'm keeping a list of all NPC's I find and can get proper spelling from there.

fryfrog
06-06-2002, 11:17 AM
refresh this newb, where is it that i turn spawn logging on?

Mr. Suspicious
06-06-2002, 12:07 PM
Think it's automatically generated fryfrog, I certainly never switched it "on" and I have one (and it's getting updated everytime I run ShowEQ)

Check your /usr/share/local/showeq/ directory.

Cambik
06-07-2002, 06:27 AM
I have been spending a lot of time in chardok lately and have almost the entire zone figuered out now. If you need I will try and forward that file to you when i get home.

Edited for spelling.....lol

Cambik

Nobody
06-07-2002, 09:27 AM
If you can send your your spawnlog.txt to BlueAdept he can get it to me for processing.

LordFeshlak
06-10-2002, 02:07 PM
Okay, this stupid newb just learned something new about SEQ from this thread: check for that file every now and then :rolleyes:

That file is about 60mb on my system, good thing the filesystem it's on is basically 5GB dedicated to SEQ :cool:. Want me to send that file in? :D

BlueAdept
06-10-2002, 04:01 PM
tar/gzip it. If it is larger than 7megs then, Ill have to give you other instructions on how to get it to me.

If it is under 7 megs, just email it to me at [email protected]

LordFeshlak
06-11-2002, 11:02 AM
Bleh.. Gzip brings it down to 11, even bzip2 stops at just below 9. I can think of a few ways to get it to you, but I'll see what your preferred method is :)

BlueAdept
06-11-2002, 05:39 PM
send me an email. Ill tell you how to get it to me.

[email protected]

S.H.E
06-14-2002, 03:42 AM
I have a 74Meg file ....

Is there an easy way to remove players from that list?

Mr. Suspicious
06-14-2002, 06:01 AM
[]# tar -f spawnlogXXX.tar spawnlog.txt
[]# gzip spawnlogXXX.tar
[]# ls -la spanlogXXX.tar.gz

and see it's less then 7MB now

S_B_R
06-14-2002, 07:52 AM
GNU Tar is really nice in that it will compress file for you, no need for the gzip step.

for example tar will use the compress command
tar -cZvf somefile.tar someotherfile.txt
here tar will use the gzip command
tar -czvf somefile.tar someotherfile.txt
finally here tar will use the bzip2 command
tar -cjvf somefile.tar someotherfile.txtAs usual replace the "c" with an "x" to uncompress and extract the files. One other bit of info, you don't need the "-" in front of the options..

Cryonic
06-14-2002, 04:55 PM
sed -e 's/^-:.*$//g' spawnlog.txt > tmp.txt
mv tmp.txt spawnlog.txt
sed -e 's/^.*corpse.*$//g' spawnlog.txt > tmp.txt
mv tmp.txt spawnlog.txt

Removed corpses and creatures that were removed from the zone. Now it is much smaller.

S.H.E
06-16-2002, 03:44 AM
ok,

What Im looking for is a way to remove player names from the spawnlist. As I raid often I would not like to provide someone a list of many zones with 30+ people of the same guild. This might be a dead giveaway that someone in that guild is using Seq.

Am I wrong here?

BlueAdept
06-16-2002, 08:30 AM
The only way that I can see to tell if it is a spawn or a player from the logs is to see if it doesnt have a number after the name. From what I have seen is that all NPCs have a 2 digit number after thier name.

The logs only show the first name of the char, not the last, nor the guild.

You could probably do a script in sed to filter them out. It shouldnt be that hard...I just havent used sed in a while. You could probably use Cryonic's example (slightly modified) to do it. It would just need to filter out any entry with a letter and a ( since a spawn would have a number. Ex.

a(
b(
c(

spawns look like this

0(
1(
2(

BlueAdept
06-16-2002, 09:37 AM
Ok I made a script to do it. It works but it wasnt done right. I didnt take the time to read up on regex or sed. I used Cryonics examples and changed them to include the PC chars. Cryonics filters are in this script.

Get the attached file, then execute these commands to get a stripped spawnlog.txt

sed -f filter.txt spawnlog.txt > tmp.txt

mv tmp.txt spawnlog.txt

That will filter out all PCs, corpses, warders, and stuff that was removed from the zone.

Tar/gz it up and send it to [email protected]

BTW the filtering of the spawnlog may take a while depending on how big and how much it has to filter.

Cryonic
06-16-2002, 01:04 PM
Heh, glad those helped for other things. I was just trying to cut down on the size of my spawnlog.txt by removing corpses and the -: tag that showed a spawn being removed from the zone. for the people with the 80+ MB files, I wonder how small they would be if they ran those two sed commands.

LordFeshlak
06-17-2002, 05:28 AM
Cryonic, your filters changed my file from 60mb to 51mb after the first filter and 49mb after the second filter. Quite an improvement :) (still not enough to e-mail to BA, ended up with 7.5mb bz2 file :) )

I'll toss BA's filter at the file now, see what the result is.

Edit: BA's filter brings the original 60MB file down to 40MB. Not bad. If I'm staying as bored as I am right now, I might look into sed myself and see if I can come up with some more interesting filters and stuff :)