PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions

Aelorean
06-07-2002, 03:35 PM
I have two questions that I hoped have not yet been answered. I have searched and gone through just about all the posts in this forum in the past 6 months, so hopefully it will not be redundant.

Thanks!
Ael
-----------

1. I have been pondering looking into and perhaps contributing to the ShowEQ project. Before going through the code piece by piece to determine the overall structure, I was wondering if there was a short document in existance that provided perhaps a basic flowchart or OVERALL structure of the ShowEQ code (ie, the logic of the naming of .cpp/.h files, a VERY short desc of each source file, etc...).

It's no big deal if this type of thing doesn't exist, I would certainly have to go through the entire code first anyway. It's just nice to know how deep the water is before exploring the floor of the pool :)

2. I have noticed that "Save Preferences" does not seem to save my NON-docked window stats properly. For example, I only want ShowEQ to boot up with the main window and the Experience window (as the only two un-docked windows). However, no matter what I do, each time ShowEQ boots up I get about 6 un-docked windows (including map3, combat, skills, etc...)

Any idea on how to fix this, or is this a bug with the new xml system of saving window/application state?

Thanks!!

Mr. Suspicious
06-07-2002, 05:20 PM
a basic flowchart or OVERALL structure of the ShowEQ code

Not that I know off. It's pretty self explanory when digging throught the source tho, the sourcefiles are well documented *Kuddos Zaphod*.

I have noticed that "Save Preferences" does not seem to save my NON-docked window stats properly

That's weird, it saves my undocked maps and other windows as it should. Only thing that annoys me (altho trivial) is that the main window's width is not saved, so when ShowEQ starts, it'll fall over half of my undocked windows. But then again, it's hardly "a great task" to just resize it everytime I start ShowEQ, so I happily live with it.

Check under "Interface" if you have "Save Window Size & Positions" and "Restore Window Positions" thicked.