PDA

View Full Version : It's been two weeks

Tantoris Thule
12-15-2001, 02:03 PM
I don't mean to troll with my first post, but basically the deal was to fix the SEQ code after the expansion had been out for a couple of weeks. It has been that and to be honest, if SEQ had been in any kind of working order for more people, more bugs may have been fixed sooner (like the errant merchant in Echo caverns that sells Shadowknight spells-- you couldn't tell that he was spawning and despawning right away in a very bizarre part of the zone unless you were looking at a working version of SEQ). Someone may have walked over there quicker, noticed it, and reported the problem.

Anyway, it's about time to start putting all this crap behind us and fixing the code and moving on, one way or another. My code works, but it is spaghetti at this point and it'd be nice if we could settle things down and fix this and get things back on track.

Incidentally, even the so-called GPS version of SEQ doesn't work very well. The one that is current in CVS segfaults after a minute of playing, at best. So, even that has gone to the wayside.

Classes are over. Finals are done. Let's get this thing back to where it should be.

a_corpse00
12-15-2001, 02:46 PM
Err. The version of ShowEQ I have running now "works" -- that is, it doesn't seg fault very often (First time was yesterday since most recent modification on wednesday). Things are decoded after I zone in. Color coding doesn't work, but that's no biggie. Just glad to have a working map. :)

old_fart
12-19-2001, 03:29 PM
SINS is working nicely. Some things I dont like about it...

But maps, decode, everything is working as designed.