PDA

View Full Version : SEQ Not going to work with RedHat 7.0 - correct?

Drixx
12-25-2001, 11:49 PM
Just needing confirmation that I'm going to have to upgrate to RedHat 7.2 (or 7.1) instead of my current 7.0 version in order to install SEQ 4.0. I've done a fresh install of 7.0 tonight, installed all the libraries, and after doing the CVS install, realized that my version of GCC is like 2.96. It's not able to find libEQ.a regardless of where I copy it. Not sure of the best method of obtaining RedHat 7.2 (buy a new copy, upgrade online, etc) - so suggestions are most appreciated.

Drixx
12-26-2001, 12:17 AM
odd. I tried it again after redoing my export paths and now it finds libEQ.a apparently (copied it to 3 places - all same version) and it fails later in the compile, with a lot of "undefined reference" messages.

RavenCT
12-26-2001, 08:30 AM
I thought even with RH7.0, all you needed to do was remove the 2.x GCC compiler (and all the supporting dependencies and libraries) and install the 3.0 versions...

Even with the RH 7.2 install, if you don't select on install the GCC3 compiler, you get the 2.x one by default.... I did that accidentally and just removed it (etc. etc. etc.) and installed the version I needed...

Drixx
12-26-2001, 09:11 AM
Pardon my asking - how do you select the GCC3 one? Perhaps that would indeed solve my problem. I'm pretty sure I downloaded the correct GCC files.

RavenCT
12-26-2001, 07:59 PM
I used the GUI GnomeRPM tool that's in RH... Under "System" I think it was...