PDA

View Full Version : ToolTips

Mr Guy
06-10-2002, 08:00 AM
I'd like to rearrange the information in the tooltips for the spawnpoints. While I rarely care what last spawned, I very much would like to know how much time is left, something that often is forced off the bottom of my screen when I'm checking a spawn very close to the edge of a zone.

Tooltips seem to be automagically generated from the string containing all the information about the spawn. I'm a little concerned this string ( tmpStr in spawnpointlist) might be used for other things, and am a little hesitant touching it. Anyone know?

Also, often times even after I spend a while in a zone, new spawns don't leave a spawn point. Is there a particular reason for this? Does zooming in prevent spawns off "visible" map from being recorded?

Cryonic
06-10-2002, 10:42 AM
I think SEQ needs to see at least two mobs spawn before it creates a visible spawn point. The first spawn gets marked by SEQ invisibly, the second spawn gives it a rough timer for the point, so then it just starts fading in the point from nothing to grey to yellow to flashing red as the time counts down after the mob is killed.

Mr. Suspicious
06-10-2002, 10:53 AM
Think it's 4 times to determine if a spawnspot is actual a fixed spawnspot. If the spawnpoint "misses" a spawn in it's cycle, it'll assume the spawnspot isn't a fixed spawnspot and removes it from the spawn-spot-list again.

I saw that happen constantly in Sol while hunting Sonic Bats for 6 hours. Some spawnspots are actual static and will appear, others are various and appear, then disappear after a while, appear again etc.