PDA

View Full Version : BUG: Some filters appear to be ignored

Khallus
06-10-2002, 01:28 PM
I use the filter system primarily for the Alerts section, but lately I've noticed that some lines of my Alerts section seem to be getting ignored at startup.

Ex.

I log into Srra Temple, summon a pet and wait for the key to be decoded. Once it's decoded, I see that the High Priest, Blood and Emperor are up in my alerts section, showing that at least part of my filters.conf file is being read and acted upon. Someone had told me earlier that #Rhag'Zhezum was up as well, but he didn't show up in my alerts section.

So I look in the NPC list and there he is. I check my filters.conf file and the line for #Rhag'Zhezum looks fine. Without saving the filters.conf file, I choose Reload from the Filters drop down, and viola, now #Rhag'Zhezum shows up.

I only started seeing this problem after I upgraded to the recent CVS version (with xml preferences), about a week ago.

Is this a bug, or am I perhaps doing something wrong?

Mr. Suspicious
06-10-2002, 01:58 PM
It's #Rhag`Zhezum not #Rhag'Zhezum

Khallus
06-12-2002, 11:24 AM
Actually, whether it's a tick or a backtick is irrelevant because I use a regular expression instead of either. I haven't been able to get any names with ` or ' to match correctly, even though I've tried both, so I always just use a regex to match any character in the spot the tick/backtick is supposed to be.

My Alerts section *does* correctly identify Rhag1, but only after I reload my filters. It does not put Rhag1 in the Alerts section of my spawn list *unless* I reload the filters. Therein lines the problem.

devnul
06-12-2002, 11:29 AM
This is a real bug.

I have not pinned it down but some filters that DO work on Filters/Reload do NOT work on autmatic loading when you enter the zone.

I know if the filer has a ;x-y type level range it does not work on autmoatic load, for example. Or it could be simple order placement in the conf file. Since the precious posters example did not include a level range it might be ordering. First or last entries woudl be the obvious ones to look at.

But something is definitely wrong.

The workaround is to just reload filters after every zone, but obviously this needs to be fixed.

dn

TweedleDee
06-12-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by devnul
but obviously this needs to be fixed.

dn

Are you a developer? "Obviously", you think this is Microsoft or something... You might try asking Zaphod if there is anything he might be able to do about this.

Khallus
06-13-2002, 09:29 AM
Actually, altough I didn't mention it, I *do* have a level range on the Rhag tests, to get avoid matching the traps with the same name.

EDIT: Looks like Zaphod actually found and fixed a problem with the level range on filters, I'll be watching to see if it fixes my problem with the Rhags.