PDA

View Full Version : My confessions of TRACER

Ratt
06-12-2002, 08:37 PM
I must come clean at this point... so much mystery and rumors abound from the TRACER that I feel the need to clear the air.

Or maybe not...

But really, the actual word on TRACER is something I started working on and never finished... Zaphod has excised most of my junk out of SEQ finally that I never did quite finish.

The TRACER, however, is still a good idea and I had (and still possibly) mean to finish it.

It's function was the ability to tag a tracer on a certain mob(s) that you want to keep track of. It actually stemmed from the bad old days when pulling Hate and places like it were a pain in the ass due to wanderers. I wanted the ability to right click on a mob and keep a visual representation of the spawn highlighted... something that could be turned on and off.

About the same time, we incorporated the new filter coding with alleviated a good portion of the need for this, so it kinda fell down my priority list several notches, and as time went on, it never moved back to the top.

If anyone wants to finish it up, please feel free :) Otherwise, I'll get to it when I get the bug and time permitting.

That's the official story on TRACER and I'm sticking to it.

devnul
06-14-2002, 02:11 PM
I just use it as a way to be able distinguish two kinds of mobs which are both of interest but for different reasons.

So it's been very useful to me at least, even if not for the purpose originally intended.

I really hate the ordering of the conditional tho and have to patch every build so the locate and tracer checks come before the hunt check. (and also to remove the damned lines drawn to caution and danger mobs, otherwise can't see what I am trying to avoid for all the lines drawn to what I am trying to avoid )

But please leave the tracer in:)

Or I'd have to put it back and maintain more code to merge..

dn

ps really the way this should work is in the main config file define the categories, the ordering of the checks of the categories, and in each category the way to highlight that category, if and how lines should be drawn for it. I'll just put this on my list of things to do after I repaint my house and install a new deck..