PDA

View Full Version : Character dump is a bit wacky

steve
06-15-2002, 03:04 AM
The new character item dump is great! Props to the author.

However, it seems to be a bit wacky. For instance, some item names are not listed right. 'Qeynos Badge of Honor' shows as '*Medal for distinguished service to Qeynos'.

There are several others. What does the * mean in front of an item name?

Cryonic
06-15-2002, 03:06 AM
Ever cast identify on the item?

reaver
06-15-2002, 09:41 AM
Perhaps someone could edit that new code and have it dump:

Item name : Lore name (only IF Lore name is different than Item name)

Been 10 years since I programmed, so not sure I can do that myself, but in principal it sounds like a quick fix ;)

Another neat idea, would be perhaps dump the item stats as well. Printing out that list, and hitting the auction channel with you already have the stats listed would be heavenly.

So, the list would be something like:
Item: Item Name, Lore Name (only if different), Slot: x, Item stats.

Also, instead of dumping to /tmp, perhaps dump the file to /usr/local/share/showeq, (same spot as spawnlog.txt)

And yet one more suggestion (hehe, hate me now? :p), Make the character dump be a menu item, instead of happening automatically. Like under "Character" menu dropdown, be a "Dump Item/Bank data to file" option you can click on.

-Reaver

sandking
06-15-2002, 12:09 PM
I may be wrong here, but from what I can tell, item data is sent every time you zone. Dumping to a file in /usr/local/share/showeq wouldn't be bad, except that if it was an appending log file, you'd have a massive file very quick, as all that data would be appended to the end every time you zone. Of course this is assuming that seq continues with the automatic dumping to file.

Allowing manual dumps would somewhat get around the log file growing out of proportion in a short time. However, unless SEQ keeps the data in memory after zoning, I don't think this would be possible. Without using extra memory or extensive coding I think the only way to do a manual dump would be to turn Dump To File on from a menu, and zone or log in. I could be wrong, and it could be already stored in memory or it might be very easy to program. It's been a long time since I've done C programming.

Perhaps a middle ground could be used more easily. Have the log file write out automatically every time you zone, to a file in /usr/local/share/showeq. Instead of appending to the file though, overwrite it with the new item info every time you zone. That way you'd have an easy list of your entire cache of items, and it would be up to date from whenever you last zoned.

Just my thoughts...

Morannon
06-20-2002, 09:22 AM
If you'd looked at the code - you would see that you wont get a large log file =)

After a successful decode (ie we know the players name) the temporary logfile is renamed to one with the players name.

I have made another patch that:

a) maps the correct location to the item (rather than getting slot: 2067, it will say Bank4->Slot7
b) writes the item name, and if the lore info differs from this appends that also
c) creates a new logfile every time you zone, so that in the event that you zoned before a decode, the logfile wont have duplicate info in it

Patch included below - i tried doing this at the sourceforge patch page but it didnt seem to work (note this superceedes the patches 570619 and 570621 that sort of got made)

Morannon
06-20-2002, 09:24 AM
Hmm not showing up for me with a patch attached, but if i edit it, its there.

Zaphod
06-20-2002, 09:50 AM
Moranon,
when putting Patches into the patches section, please login to SourceForge so that you can edit them. That way we don't constantly end up with the one where you forgot to attach the file that you can't edit as well as the one with the file actually attached. It also makes it easier for us to properly attribute patches.

Also, if you want to update one of your existing patches in the Patch section just edit the existing patch and add the new file with an appropriate note instead of creating another patch entry.

Thanks and Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

domesticbeer
06-20-2002, 10:04 AM
I uploaded his original patch. figured it was easier that way. Was it done correctly or was there a problem with?

Morannon
06-20-2002, 10:06 AM
I have cookies enabled, and logged in to sourceforge, but it still told me to login.

domesticbeer
06-20-2002, 10:08 AM
using IE and logging in with SSL? IF so dont use SSL old SF bug and not sure if they fixed it.

Morannon
06-20-2002, 10:23 AM
Aye, it was IE6. Opera under linux seems to have issues to, but Mozilla (ugh) seems to be working ok.

Anyway, the most recent up to date patch for this is included in my first reply to this thread.

However, the attached file isnt visible to me unless I go and edit the post - why is this?

Zaphod
06-20-2002, 12:25 PM
I've successfully logged in with SLL (with "Stay in SSL mode after login" checked) and done stuff on sourceforge using IE 5.0, IE 5.5, Mozilla 0.9.9, and Netscape 4.7x. Remember your Sourceforge login is different from your ShowEQ forums login.

In general you should only put up patches if you are logged in, otherwise you won't be able to edit them later and may not receive proper attribution.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)