PDA

View Full Version : QT MAKE ERROR G++3 command not recognized.

RedRover
12-26-2001, 01:12 PM
I do my
./configure -release -shared -gif -xft -sm -system-libmng -system-zlib -system-libpng -system-jpeg -no-g++-exceptions -thread

and then i make and i get this error
G++3 command not found
***[mocgen.o] Error 127
Leaving directory /usr/local/qt-2.3.2/src/mod
*** [src-moc] Error 2
Leaving directory /usr/local/qt-2.3.2
*** [init] Error 2

I downloaded all of the bins mentioned, some even further ahead, ie gcc-3.1-0.10 released lately, couldnt find the exact ones Zaphod was talking about. Is there a way i could change G++3 to G++
I thought i read it somewhere but looking through it again, i couldn't find anything

Thanks,
RedRover

deathinc
12-26-2001, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by RedRover
and then i make and i get this error
G++3 command not found

Try lower-case 'g'

:D

quack
12-26-2001, 01:43 PM
do a ls in /usr/bin/ to see the name of your gcc compiler. It appears that if your using a Red Hat type linux, then it should be gcc3, if your using a Debian system, it is gcc-3.0.

Good luck

RedRover
12-26-2001, 01:47 PM
The name is gcc and g++ no 3 after it
but when i do a gcc -v or g++ -v it says 3.1 so its past what it needs
When i run make to build qt-2.3.2
it says cannot find g++3 it is an unknown command, because, it is, it should be g++ or gcc how do i do it so when i run make it looks for gcc and g++ instead of gcc3 and g++3?

RedRover

Ehm, I renamed them to gcc3 and g++3 for the time being just to build QT should i leave it like that or change it back?

quack
12-26-2001, 01:56 PM
Did you by anychance make changes to /usr/local/qt/configs/linux-g++-shared as a different thread has suggested? That file contains the links to the compilers you will use. Check lines lines 3, 4, 35, and/or 59 to make sure they use gcc and g++ and not G++3.

Good luck

Override
12-28-2001, 09:25 AM
the patch for qt assumes that the command for gcc is just gcc3 and g++3 instead of looking at the pointers. Go into your /usr/bin and make a link to the correct command.

ln -symbolic gcc gcc3
ln -symbolic g++ g++3