PDA

View Full Version : way... off topic eq question

ladybat
06-19-2002, 08:43 PM
I dont know whom to ask and I would like to out this quesiton to bed once and for all.

My daughter has been telling me over and over there are some "secret" ways to recharge items in EQ....I tell her its a lot of hipe so that people can sell their stupid eq guides etc etc....

IN the three years ive played Ive seen a few cheats etc come and go but ive never been able to get a definitive answer on this subject....so I thought Id ask here as I certainly am not going to pose the question on the main eq boards lol.

Is this alot of hype or can it be done and if so I sure wouldnt mind knowing how as Id love to be able to recharge my rez staff...butI just dont think it can be done and IM sure not allowing my daughter to spend $30 on some silly guide just to find out its all hype.

I know this is off topic but I thought if anyone could settle it it wou;d be the folks here as Ive always gotten really good help when I set up my seq box.

thanks!!

genius
06-19-2002, 09:45 PM
Well I know you can recharge sellable items if you have two of them I think. Something like that to recharge Locket of Escape. You sell one to the vendor and keep one in your inventory and then buy it back voila recharged. You can then do that to the other one.

R/S
Gen|us

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

ladybat
06-19-2002, 10:04 PM
hmmm never have heard of that....dont think id have two of my staff of forbidden rites thought lol to try it ( I think its lore anyhow id have to look)....

not sure if I have any items that arent lore that have charges to try that or not......IM just really curious about it all now....my daughter keeps bugging me ( she wanst to be able to use my staff lol) but its been a question ive wondered about for years......

Ive heard alot of people kinda hint around but now one really prove it can be done ( or show a method that can then be disproved) its just one of those things that I thought id finally trya nd get a straight answer on

fryfrog
06-19-2002, 10:51 PM
actually, i think when you have two items...

you make SURE the vendor has real open spots (ie: an unused vendor after a patch). you sell the vendor the first uncharged item, then the fully charged one. then buy two back.

genius
06-19-2002, 11:19 PM
That may be it I don't really remember.

R/S
Gen|us

RSB
06-19-2002, 11:35 PM
Actually what you have to do is have 2 of the same items.
1 with full charges.
Sell the full charge item to the vendor then sell the drained item to the vendor.
The Vendor now has 2 full charged items.
Yipppied doo. Do you know how much it costs to buy back most of the charged items you sell to vendors?

The only thing I would do this for is my mules that don't have Jboots. Buy two 10 stack sow potions. when you've used up 9 SoWs sell the full one back to the vendor then buy them both back. Costs about the same as getting them from a player (100pp for each) but you don't have to find a shaman.

Wartrack
06-20-2002, 01:45 AM
Easier to find a shaman than a vendor with empty slots...

gopher_bin
06-20-2002, 01:14 PM
"Do you know how much it costs to buy back most of the charged items you sell to vendors? "

Yes:
Staff of Forbiden Rites: to recharge ONE : 22k
Locket of escape: to recharge ONE locket: 43k pp

not cheep.

Spaz
06-20-2002, 01:56 PM
Only works with some items (none of the ones in this thread), but mana batteries do recharge a lot if things. POSky quest items, for example.

CPEQ
07-14-2002, 02:51 PM
Unfortunately this trick has become far too common knowledge for Verant to ignore, hence the high prices on items. The rez stick used to be around 4500pp per stick to recharge, and the locket was less than 1k I believe.

Bastages