PDA

View Full Version : Spawn Info Question

Mago
06-19-2002, 09:54 PM
Ok first Im new to the boards and Showeq.
Everything Works great very nice program.
My question is:

When Im looking at spawn info, Its blank unless the spawn is holding something.

Excample Im playing in OOT Hunting Sf's looking at ShowEQ.
Under info there is none for Sf's
But say Gornit if hes holding something like a Staff that will show up on ShowEQ under info.

Is there a file or a update to view what is on a Spawn.
If they are not holding anything. Say like if a SF cyclops has a Gem on him, ShowEQ still shows nothing under my info.

I see that if you are looking on showEQ at another player under info
it list a bunch of stuff, Can you make a file to do the same with Spawns in a zone?

fee
06-19-2002, 10:20 PM
Hi mago, all

The Spawn Info column displays items that affect the spawn appearance, such as held items or armor. This data is gathered from the spawnAppearance packets. Inventory items are not transmitted in advance, so we can't display what we don't know. Inventory items for a mob are only transmitted to the client when you loot the mob's corpse.

Cheers,
fee

Mago
06-20-2002, 06:31 AM
Thanks for reply fee.

I see how it works now, Brings up another question...
I have to a bit of reading before I really know what Im talking about.

I'll call it a script: OR a filter I think thats the correct term.

Im new to all the terms and whats what with showEQ.

Now when you zone in showEQ sniffs packets and loads maps, spawns, Other players,: For you to view.

Excample I like OOT :) I kill a SF cyclops, And loot a gem off him
ShowEQ sees what I just looted OR even say if its droped showEQ will see that also.

Now I forget the name of the windows or box, that runs in the background of showEQ it tells you whats being loaded.

Ill call it a packet I guse, You loot and packet line will pops up in the box.

Do you think there is a way to make a type of probe, To probe a spawn Or probe for a certain item that drops in the zone.

If so I would like to try and make one for showEQ,

Could you please post advice on where to start in this long process.

reaver
06-20-2002, 08:59 AM
I'm not sure what you mean, what a mob has on their loot table is never sent over any packet until the mob is dead and you are looting its corpse.

If a mob is carrying something, than at least you know it'll drop something that looks like it. e.g. Chardok staff, could be Burnished Stave, or SoS.

But, there is no way to find out what mobs will drop what jewels or anything like that. And, I don't believe you can see what someone else loots off a corpse, just ones you go to check yourself.

-Reaver

Mago
06-20-2002, 03:49 PM
Thanks for post Reaver.

What I meant by the Item deal, Was that when someone drops something in the zone it shows up on ShowEQ.

Thanks for the info, Thought you might beable to make a filter or script that would work with ShowEQ to view the spawns loot table, But if they dont send it guse ya cant make one :)

Can you tell im new to ShowEQ :)

S_B_R
06-20-2002, 06:45 PM
If Something is droppedo n the ground you will see it in Showeq. if showeq knows what that item is it will tell you the name.

And now the EQ servers don't send what's on the mobs at all. they don't even send what's on PC's. The only thing the server sends info on what a Mob or PC looks like. so there is absolutely no way to know exactly what a mob will drop before you kill it. Even if it shows you something in the "info" that is just what kind of graphic is being displayed...

OT:
This should be another one for the FAQ if it's not there already.