PDA

View Full Version : Not a stop bug

lildr00d
06-19-2002, 10:45 PM
Dev team not sure if you know this allready or not. But at least when I do a --restore-all option when SEQ crashes everything comes back up includeing the map. However SEQ does not know what zone its in. Where zone name is usually displayed it says Unknown and the SpawnPoint data does not load as it does not know what zone to load.

Like I said not a crash causeing bug but I figured I'd do my part and let you guys know.

As always thanks for the updates and hard work!

S_B_R
06-20-2002, 06:50 PM
Mine works fine Lildr00d, it knows the zone and everything. Once in a while it will restore into a funky state but that's only to be expected.

Under the "Options" menu in the "Save State" sub-menu, do you have "Zone" checked?

Mago
06-21-2002, 12:47 PM
lildr00d...

Are you running the most upated ShowEQ think its 4.2.11
Not at home at the min or I would check for ya,...

Plus what what type of Qt are you useing...

The 2 that I have seen is,

Qt-2.3.2

think the one im useing is Qt-gcc3-2.3.2 most up to date...

Also maybe check to see if you have the 2 rpms installed correct

Im at work at the min, After i get off, ill repost better info and correct names of files. :)

Mago
06-21-2002, 04:29 PM
Ok these are the files i downloaded and complied,

And have no problems running ShowEQ,

One thing I can say I had more problems tring to down load the files off of a ftp site with linux. Then setting up Qt and compling ShowEQ.

What I did to get the files I went to the ftp site where the file was located and draged it to my windows XP desktop then burned the files to CDR, Used the mount command in linux to open the cd-rom drive and draged each file to the proper directory, But one thing to watch out for I downloaded showeq in zip fourm .tar.gz when I put that file in my /root/SEQ directory and then used the:

tar Zxvf command it unzip it but made another showeq directory within /root/seq...

So there is a few extra steps need to complie showEQ,

Ok but anyways before this turns into a help page, here are the files I used...

qt-gcc3-2.3.2-1.i386.rpm

qt-gcc3-devel-2.3.2-1.i386.rpm

qt-gcc3_2.3.2-3.tar

libEQ.a

showeq-4.2.11.tar

And showeq works great.... Now compling these files is another story...

But if ya need help let me no when you post again, And ill post what I did to get showEQ up and running... :)

fryfrog
06-21-2002, 05:04 PM
wget --passive-ftp ftp://server.com/path/to/filename.tar.gz

is your friend. why include windows (and burning to cds and mounting) when you can just download them right to the linux box :)

Pigeon
06-22-2002, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Mago
think the one im useing is Qt-gcc3-2.3.2 most up to date...

qt is up to 3.0.4 now (stable) :D