Zaphod
06-22-2002, 09:41 AM
dohpaZ (13/06/02)
------------------
Modifications:
version 4.2.12
Applied patch # 569708 "bugfix for filter.cpp" by mydor
Applied patch # 570621 "Update to saving of player inventory"
Applied patch from Sparr (new opcodes, packet structures, races, etc...)
Added Source Navigator 5.0 project showeq.proj.
Changed FlushPackets VPacket setting to default to true.
Changed maximum value on the "Walk Path Length" spinbox to be 8192. Please remember that the walk path option can use a lot of memory.
Added the ability to show the walk paths of all NPCs, available from the "NPC Walk Paths" option of the "Show" sub-menu of the maps right-click context menu.
Fixed a bug where if there wasn't a template filter file an empty one with a section named "[Spawn]" would be created instead of using the proper filter section name.
Added "Save Selected Spans Path" and "Save NPC Spawn Paths" items to the "File" menu. They will respectively save the currently selected spawns or all spawns walk paths to a file <MAPDIR>/<Short Zone Name>_mobpath.map.
Fixed a file format handling bug in drawmap.cgi. No longer pretend to use extra fields on the first line of the map file.
Added book information to player inventory.
Optimized slot_to_name() function. Fixed bug generating names for slots in containers in the general and bank slots. Moved it in with the other utility functions in util.cpp.
"No Bank" should only effect the display of bank items, made it so the bank info gets dumped irregardless of its setting.
Workaround for Qt 3.0.[1-4] bug involving slots that take an int argument with the string "int" in the name being unable to recieve events from menus (just renamed them all). Qt 3.0.x now officially supported (and is about as supported as it will be until ShowEQ 5, whenever that is). This also makes it so that RedHat 7.3 (and possibly Mandrake 8.2) users can compile out of the box using "./configure --enable-old-compiler"

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

fryfrog
06-22-2002, 09:54 AM
someone's coding early on a saturday :)

Morannon
06-22-2002, 04:58 PM
Zaphod -

I see you didnt use my patch in its entirety - there are some things you left out that I think are important =)

Firstly, in these methods in interface.cpp :-

EQInterface::playerItem
EQInterface::playerBook
EQInterface::playerContainer

You didnt include the bankfile.close(); at the end of the function.

Im not 100% sure on how QT works, but you open the file every time in each function - is this persistant, or does each time this method is called, a new file is opened? Given that this method is called for every item in your inventory this can add up to a lot of open files if you zone frequently.

Secondly, I had the following in EQInterface::zoneChange - now this may not have been the ideal location for it, but it was where worked for me =)

QFile bankfile(QString("/tmp/bankfile.") + QString::number(getpid()));
if (bankfile.exists())
{
bankfile.remove();
}

The reason for this being here, is that if you zone BEFORE the zone has decode, it will append a 2nd copy of your inventory to this file, if you zone again before a decode you get a 3rd copy etc.

Zaphod
06-22-2002, 07:48 PM
I didn't remove it. As for the other stuff I'll answer it in ShowEQ Development Forum.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Pyzjn
07-14-2002, 04:44 AM
Hmm shoulda done this one first hehe