PDA

View Full Version : I've had all the errors listed here...

lostpacket
12-27-2001, 01:34 PM
Running RH 7.1

Installed all updates and compiled QT. Total time fixing errors and troubleshooting - over 4 days. Still nothing working.

Error after error. Nothing but problems. In fact, my system is so screwed up now that the easiest way to fix it is to reinstall (only takes 15 minutes or so) and go back to 3.1.2

But oh no, I will not let this beat me. I know it's a problem w/ RH (the windows of linux) and not SEQ.

I've learned SO much over the past year due to SEQ. But frankly, if I didn't drink before - I would now!

I think I'll stay with 3.1.2 until RH 7.x whatever (that has the correct libraries) is released. Just not worth the hours of compiling, banging my head on the keyboard, and teaching my neighbors new bad words :)

I'm happy with a GPS version....now if I can just get the router to stop disconnecting me on zone! argh! damned dsl!

Anyone given up for the time being?

S_B_R
12-27-2001, 04:26 PM
Hint:
http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70

BlueAdept
12-27-2001, 04:58 PM
I bet your using ipchains and not iptables.

There seems to be a bug in ipchains in rh 7.1. Switch to iptables and all your zoning problems will go away.

lostpacket
12-28-2001, 02:20 AM
It's working! I installed RH 7.2 and NO problems (other than taking 1.5 hours to compile QT).

And my zoning problem has been fixed. *sniff* i'm so happy.