PDA

View Full Version : New Interface up on Test

Cyra
06-26-2002, 10:17 AM
Has anyone run SEQ with it yet? Are we still ok?

/hugs

Yueh
06-26-2002, 10:46 AM
And, for lack of a better forum, once you patch for test, can you enable it on live servers?

reaver
06-26-2002, 11:01 AM
SEQ decodes fine with new interface, doesnt look like any packet changes.

-Reaver

Mr Guy
06-26-2002, 11:37 AM
From what I hear it blows the hell out of EQW but shouldn't change anything for ShowEQ.

Don't they usually try to break things the OTHER way around?

LordCrush
06-26-2002, 11:45 AM
SEQ works fine and you have no problems going back to life servers

S_B_R
06-26-2002, 11:47 AM
There are screenshots all over the Everquest news sites. and the EQlive site has several as well...

Yueh
06-26-2002, 12:54 PM
Can you actually USE the new interface on the live servers once you've downloaded it though?

high_jeeves
06-26-2002, 01:15 PM
If you could, dont you think that would kill the whole point of releasing it on the TEST server?

--Jeeves

Ratt
06-26-2002, 01:50 PM
If you could only download it on test and had to explicitly go there to get it ... I don't see why not.

high_jeeves
06-26-2002, 01:58 PM
Because if somebody took test code, and found an exploit, bug, whatever that affected gamelay on the live servers, they would be screwed.. That is why you dont release TEST code on a LIVE server. Everyone always bitches about how Verant doesnt test enough before they push stuff live.. cant have it both ways...

--Jeeves

fryfrog
06-26-2002, 02:22 PM
i think what ratt is saying is that the new ui doesn't look like it is a change to anything more than the ui. as in there is no update of code server side. which means its all client side... so once you connect to test, download the new "client" stuff and perhaps leave the option in eqclient.ini ?"newui=true"? does it work on live.

i think the answer is no. when i tried to connect to test to see it, i got booted after server select but it DID download the ui. i then logged into live (keeping the setting in my eqclient.ini) but it did not use the spiffy new ui. of course, since i never SAW it on the test server, i might not have actually gone far enough to get it working.

the patch wasn't entirely clear on if it would only work on test. it said you could patch to test and add something to your eqclient.ini but it didn't really say that it wouldn't be portable once you got it. know what i mean?

Mr Guy
06-26-2002, 02:30 PM
No, it is only on test, presumably for the reason Jeeves gave.

Yueh
06-26-2002, 04:23 PM
Jeeves is right, Ratt is right, Fryfrog is right. Still doesn't mean I really care what Verant intended right! If I did I would most likely not be here :D

I'll take anything I can to make the combine for a Misty Thicket Picnic easier to do in bulk :/ 8 Bags open at once would be awesome! If it crashes on me and I can figure out why, Verant might even get some useful /feedback. But, it's a moot point in this case anyway...

Omghi
07-03-2002, 10:53 PM
After being on test and using the new UI, and bypassing patch to try to use it on live servers, EQ crashed just before char select loads.

RSB
07-03-2002, 11:03 PM
That is because the graphics in the game are handled via a DLL. When you patch on test you get the test version of the DLL. When you run EQGame.exe it calls the DLL but the functions signatures are different. Booom.