PDA

View Full Version : Map Locations

Dedpoet
06-26-2002, 12:01 PM
I came across this thread this afternoon that looks -very- helpful. Maybe one of you map wizards could integrate these into the maps, as many of these locations aren't marked.

http://pub35.ezboard.com/fmonklybusiness43508frm2.showMessage?topicID=500.t opic

Maybe I'll look into it myself, but don't let that stop you if you're the motivated type :)

S_B_R
06-26-2002, 12:54 PM
Hmmm, so long as it doesn't become like the map for "The Hole". Yes, you can turn off locations but doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Dedpoet
06-26-2002, 03:44 PM
Most of those locations are zone lines. I have noticed that some of the maps in CVS have unlabelled exits. Sure we know what most of them are, but it would be nice to see them added. I agree that some have gotten pretty bad, Iceclad being an example. It's great to see where all of the 8th shawl points are, but a level 40 warrior killing cougars could care less.

sakshale
07-08-2002, 04:58 PM
Hmm.... maybe the development wish list should include a 'notes' option for maps. This could be used for listing the locations of quest items and such.

That would allow you to add 'noisy' data that could be made invisible by turning off 'notes', without impacting the visibility of zone labels and such. (Or, is there such an option already? I'm at work, so I can't fire off ShowEQ and check.)

LordCrush
07-09-2002, 06:24 AM
Hi all,

am working on a check of all Succor points now - since some are incorrect, i decided to check as many i can myself.

After that or when i have som time - perhaps while medding :D ic could put up another patch to input these :)

/wave

JustACoder
08-04-2002, 04:39 AM
What about the abillity to add your own LOC labels...

They do this for Xylobot often i mean if you were to go to a loc click a button that puts a little marker or a line of text and let you enter a label. I think many of you will agree that some zones will get congested if you have every loc on the thing which is why i think we as the users should set our own locs. :) I haven't gotten SEQ running yet so I don't know if they have that feature or not.

Mr. Suspicious
08-04-2002, 06:40 AM
What about the abillity to add your own LOC labels...

1. Right-click map
2. Pickup jaw from floor