PDA

View Full Version : Mapping

steppuppy
06-27-2002, 10:50 PM
I am a newb to Seq and was wonding if there is a location I can be refered to that outlines how to and benefits of mapping and filtering and such? Just looking for a walkthough of those features and others. thanks :)

Dedpoet
06-28-2002, 07:09 AM
The forum directly below this is the Filters forum. If you look for posts from Blue Adept, you'll find one with a topic something like "My site has been updated." His site has pre-made zone filters for almost every zone in the game. I recommend you grab those and take a look at them. You'll learn a lot about filtering just by example.

For maps, there is a post somewhere in this forum that has great map making instructions. I don't have the thread handy, but there aren't too many posts in this forum, so just take a quick look through them.

Hope that helps.

steppuppy
06-28-2002, 11:49 AM
It does help :) what I dont know however is how to install or apply a filter or map. Using showeq is my first true exposure to Linux and I was hoping there was a walkthrough somewhere on the installation of said files.

fryfrog
06-29-2002, 01:40 AM
just copy the map or filter file to /usr/local/share/showeq. if it is named properly (and it should be when you download it) it will just magically be used.

it is very likely to be a tar.gz or zip file, use "tar zxvf filename.tar.gz" or "unzip filename.zip"

if the file is a filename.gz you can use "gunzip filename.gz" (though this format is not very popular).

most should be in tar.gz or .zip, choose tar.gz if both are available as that is the "linux" compression :)