PDA

View Full Version : Zone Decoding Issues - Not a Help Post!

Dedpoet
07-01-2002, 02:33 PM
I was wondering if anyone else has been seeing zone decoding issues in certain zones - specifically Emerald Jungle and Field of Bone. I realize that EJ has chronically low traffic in and out, but usually that would just cause unknowns on the map, and FoB has plenty of zone traffic to kick off a decode. However, both of these zones often "lock up" Seq for me. My player FOV will show up at the zone-in point, but never move, and spawns will never be created, even as unknowns. Even zoning in my second character several minutes after will not fix it. Zone out, and the new zone works fine. Zoning back in sometimes pops it, and sometimes not. The processor sits at 80-100% while in this state, Seq being almost all of that, yet the terminal window does not show activity (Checking key... etc.).

I can't reliably recreate this problem, as it seems to be close to a 50/50 if it happens or not. I was in a lot of zones this weekend, and those seemed to be the only 2 that had this problem. It also doesn't seem to be Kunark in general, as LOIO, DL, Swamp of No Hope, CoM, and FV all worked fine. All other zones I have been in lately do not do this, even the unpopulated ones (that new libEQ.a sure is slick).

I am running on Gentoo with the latest CVS and libEQ, gcc 3.1 and Qt 3.0.4. This could be a Qt 3 issue...if anyone tends to agree, maybe I build 2.3.2 again and build Seq against it to test. Mostly I was just wondering if anyone else is seeing anything like this.

S_B_R
07-01-2002, 02:50 PM
I can't say that I've ever had this problem. I'm in the 2 zones you mentioned quite often. They don't seem any different than any other zone as far as Decrypting goes.... /shrug

Pigeon
07-06-2002, 09:02 PM
this happens to me when I zone in and out very quicly. ie, I'm in FoB, I zone to Cabilis, the instant EQ finishes loading Cabilis I zone back to FoB. Not sure if this is your problem, but...

It also happened on my Gentoo box quite randomly when I first installed it, but the problem has since gone away.... so I can't help ya there =(