PDA

View Full Version : .map -> PNG/Gif

Galeta
07-11-2002, 05:24 PM
Anyone know if there is anything around which will convert a .map to a gif or png?

Mr. Suspicious
07-11-2002, 05:28 PM
yes there is, my 3rd post in the thread only a few threads down below: http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1296

Galeta
07-11-2002, 05:42 PM
Hmm GD looks a bit over my head....

No one has a website up or anything where you can dump a map file and it covnerts for you like mapfiend used to?

high_jeeves
07-11-2002, 06:47 PM
The easiest was it to open them up in ShowEQ, and screen capture the window... I think using the scripts posted by Mr. S. and GD, or Screen Capture are pretty much the only 2 ways to go.

--Jeeves

Zaphod
07-13-2002, 09:14 PM
I'll also point out that on the right-click context menu you will find an option "Save Map Image..." that will save whatever is drawn in the map window to any of the file formats that your installation of Qt is configured to handle (BMP, JPEG, PNG, etc.). So if you just want an image of a map, just start up showeq, open up a map ("File" menu -> "Open Map"); Then right-click on the map image, and select "Save Map Image..." from the context menu, in the dialog that pops up specify a filename and select a file type.

Also, if you configured showeq with --enable-cgi you will have created the drawmap.cgi program that can also be used to generate map images when accessed from the web. Just browse to it, load up the map you want, and save the image to a file.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Mr. Suspicious
07-14-2002, 12:46 PM
Arf, finally found out what drawmap.cpp is for =P Thanks Zaphod.

Cryonic
08-01-2002, 01:37 PM
Just recompile.

fryfrog
08-01-2002, 01:52 PM
now, i know i am stupid... but i have never been able to get it to compile with any of the cgi stuffs. could someone provide an example ./configure --with-cgi line that... they use?

i'll put mine here when i get a chance to go back and remember what i used.

domesticbeer
08-01-2002, 03:17 PM
Fry,
Every time i compile with the --enable-cgi-dir=/home/httpd/cgi-bin and the --enable-cgi-icons=/home/httpd/htdocs/eq-icons set in the configure command. I get an error with i do a make with in the drawmap.cpp file on some undeclared function. I will recompile tonite and post the error message for you all to see.

EDIT here is the error that i am seeing

drawmap.cpp: In function 'void paintMap()';
drawmap.cpp:529: 'gdImageGif' undeclared (first use thie function)
drawmap.cpp:529: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [drawmap.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/showeq/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Any thoughts?

Mr. Suspicious
08-30-2002, 08:28 AM
Any luck yet domesticbeer?

domesticbeer
08-30-2002, 09:45 AM
Actually I found out that the error was casued by not have GIF support anymore in hte GD library. I submitted a patch for this file to fix it and only give the option of using PNG.

Still having a problem of not being able to produce and icons or map images, though

domesticbeer
09-04-2002, 01:47 PM
I had a revelation last night. Since I am running Gentoo linux and to build QT I would just emerge QT. Perhaps I should to an ebuild of QT and then do the the Compiling myself verifiing that the correct options are passed to the configuration scripts.

It is amazing what happens when you stop and think things through.

Dedpoet
09-04-2002, 02:18 PM
Beer, the configure options are right in the .ebuild script. I modified my own for 3.0.4 there. Just vi the ebuild file and add/remove options as you see fit, then run the ebuild. It's not a huge file, so gou can just search for "libjpeg" or something to find the options. Still nice and automated, but fully under your control.

domesticbeer
09-04-2002, 02:39 PM
cool will use the SEARCH feature and locate those and then add the ones that will be needed and recompile it.