PDA

View Full Version : Busts?

Roads
07-15-2002, 11:23 AM
Hi all.. i stopped playing EQ about 8 months ago.. and have decided to plunge into hell again:) basically i was curious if showeq is still fairly safe? a friend told me they bust you almost instantly.. but of course that was from someone that didnt know how it even works... was just wondering what the real scoop is? or if there has been a rash of busts? thanks...

Dedpoet
07-15-2002, 11:45 AM
This FAQ is still in development, but your question is addressed in section 1.4 (http://fryfrog.dyndns.org:81/ShowEQ-FAQ.html#1.4)

-Ded

Roads
07-15-2002, 11:50 AM
ahh cool... yeah.. i didnt think there was a way to tell unlike hacks that modify memory on the eq machine itself... seems like verant would have to actually sniff my ip and try to detect a sinffer on it? anyway.. cool.. friend musta just been trying to scare me:)

z26o
07-15-2002, 04:40 PM
If I were you, I would let my "friend" think that he accomplished his goal. He doesn't sound like someone I would share my seq with. But hey, that's just me. I have RL friends I have been playing with for years and they don't know.

Welcome back! :)
z

fryfrog
07-15-2002, 05:47 PM
hehe, i agree. loose lips sink ships. don't tell anyone unless you explicitly trust them (ie, you share login info with them already or know where they live so you can beat em up).