fee
07-23-2002, 09:03 PM
fee(floyd) (23/07/02)
------------------
Bug Fix:
+ fixed a potential segmentation fault within spawnshell

========================

Comments:

This fix will certainly resolve some of the segfaults currently plaguing showeq. I can't guarantee that it will solve them all but its a step in that direction. Please feel free to post any new stack traces resulting from this code change. Feedback is always appreciated.

Cheers,
Fee (floyd)

g0hst
07-24-2002, 06:08 AM
haven't tested the code yet, but all I can say is..

WOOHOO! :)

gruefood
07-25-2002, 12:07 AM
It looks like it's fixed!

I just played for about 5 hours in a zone that would normally cause a fault twice an hour or more.

Just curious what it was that was causing it?

You guys are awesome. Thanks!

Gruefood--

fee
07-25-2002, 01:06 AM
You can use the web cvs interface at sourceforge to generate a colored diff if you are interested in the actual code change.

The problem was simply an out-of-bounds memory access that was corrupting the spawn map. This in turn eventually caused the segfault. Not an easy error to track.

fee

Cleric
07-25-2002, 01:00 PM
Thanks fee - makes life a lot less annoying when the "mapper of things that will kill you" goes down :) Being a cleric, it helps makes up for the fact that I don't carry around tons of invis potions for those times when people want me to go res them :)

belgarath01
07-26-2002, 06:41 AM
woot thanx patched last night and i sat in a zone for 5 hours no crashes dun guud much appreciated

mudtoe
07-27-2002, 10:08 PM
I've used it for over a day now, and so far not a single crash, not even in Chardok.

Excellent work!