PDA

View Full Version : Fight analyzing

Aldous
07-24-2002, 10:00 AM
anyone use showeq for fight analyzing after the fact?

i'm curious if it's possible to log the packets and recreate the fight afterwards and determine who was getting hit, who died in what order, who had aggro etc, in order to determine what went wrong in the fight and plan strats for future fights? anyone do this?

i'm not even sure what all gets logged since i haven't found the log file and am just starting to look into this, i'm a linux newbie (used the idiots guide to showeq to get it going) so it'll probably take me a while to figure all this out...

Dedpoet
07-24-2002, 10:36 AM
I would think EQ Companion (http://www.kaishome.com/EQCompanion/) would be a better tool for this, as that is exactly what it was designed for. You could write code for Seq that would let it do things like this, but EQ Companion already does it and it's free. It parses an offline log file, or can do it live if you have your network set up correctly (and you should if you're using Seq).

Aldous
07-25-2002, 10:36 AM
eqcompanion just analyzes the eq log doesn't it? i was looking for something to work with a full log of packets sent. ie the eq log sees mob01 begins to cast a spell, whereas showeq see mob01 begins to cast judgement cast time 6 seconds, so i was hoping to take advantage of the higher level of detail in the infor showeq gets.

maybe log the packets and feed them back into showeq to recreate the fight, or something, was hoping someone might've already done something similar as it's way beyond my abilities

but i did check out eqcompanion and it's pretty cool, thanks