PDA

View Full Version : seq pp strats

DrJones
07-24-2002, 04:36 PM
What are all your good uses for seq to make that pp come in a little faster? Any good rare spawns or anything that are much easier to find? One i can think of is gathering lots of yew leaves and selling them to tailors... seq should be able to tell you where they are... so rather than runing around looking you can just pick them up and sell stacks to rich people advancing their tailoring.

fryfrog
07-24-2002, 04:51 PM
unfortunatly, there is no known way to increase your pp using seq. i don't think there is anyone who has come up with a viable way of making pp just from having seq. you would need a trainer for that, at least that is what i hear.

Ratt
07-24-2002, 05:04 PM
Better yet, I suggest you stop using SEQ, DrJones, you are in danger of being banned with the current version of SEQ... please wait to hear from me before you return to using SEQ.

This only applies to you, DrJones... I suspect I know why, but please don't use SEQ until you hear otherwise.

BlueAdept
07-24-2002, 09:36 PM
Sony/VI has decided to reward each SEQ user with 10,000 plat. All you have to do is to email [email protected] and tell them that your a SEQ user and that you want your reward. They will respond asking what server and to who you wish the plat to be deposited to.

Mr Guy
07-25-2002, 07:05 AM
Offer blow jobs for pp. Then use ShowEQ to find them in the zone and watch for other customers coming up.

DrJones
07-25-2002, 04:02 PM
such a nice crowed... maybe i should share the new ui duping bug with my new friends... (unless all you uber folk arleady know about it)

high_jeeves
07-25-2002, 04:29 PM
Ahh.. the true sign that puberty hasnt hit yet.. the gold old "I have a d3wp, but I wont share it with you" trick.

Please go back to hackersquest, we really dont need all the "who wants a doop" and "how to I get plat fast" posts on these boards.

--Jeeves

DrJones
07-25-2002, 04:58 PM
actually there actually is a dupe.... it is with the new ui treating trade windows like containers and the bank... you can't remove soemthing from a trade window... but can swap it with something... even if what you swap is what the other person is trading...

Pigeon
07-25-2002, 10:50 PM
You're either a liar or an idiot....

If you could dupe- you wouldn't need our help getting money, now would you?

On second thought- you're both.

DrJones
07-26-2002, 12:20 AM
posted the first one before a friend and i discovered duping (by accident) at that point i did need it... and just to prove all you dumb shits wrong... try this:

Get two characters both using the new UI system. Have the one with the item you want to dupe (has to be a worn item you can put on or equip) put initiate a trade with the other player using that item. Have the other player put anything on the cursor (bone chip rat pelt anything) and click on the item you want to dupe in the other persons trade window... that will put the item you want to dupe on the cursor and leave a copy in the trade window (even though it won't look like it) then take the item on the cursor and wear the item (if you aren't wearing it it wil be destroyed) then click cancel... and boom... first player gets the item back.. and you have one equiped. Hows that for being a liar and idiot?

DrJones
07-26-2002, 12:22 AM
just to show you how stupid i am.. this can also be used to transfer no drop items that can be worn... and you don't even have to have the item you want to dupe... just find someone selling it and tell them your buying it so they put it in a trade window with you. Then do the swap click trick with another item and equip it.

Ratt
07-26-2002, 12:41 AM
And how exactly do you put a no drop item in a trade window?

The fact is.. you are doing the functional equivilent of a client-side hack. As soon as you try to save, the server is gonna go ... Uhh... no you don't have a Fungi Tunic, DISCONNECT!

DrJones
07-26-2002, 01:00 AM
there are ways around that... i've done it and have shit to prove it...and fyi just now a message went to all servers saying an "emergency patch" was going to be done in 3 hours... guess what it's going to fix? Might want to take advantage now.

DrJones
07-26-2002, 01:38 AM
if you want the dupe to be profitable you have to sell the item.. there is a trick to that too. I'll let you figure it out though (it's more obscure and probably won't be fixed by the patch... no use letting the cat out of the bag). you have to dupe the item then get the server to see that you have it (use your head and you'll figure it out only took us 20 mins or so)

S_B_R
07-26-2002, 10:18 AM
The problem with all this is, even if you can get the server to "see that you have it" Every item (non-stackable) has a unique item ID that is stored in the database. If you dupe an item in this manner it my succeed at first, but as soon as an integrity check is run on the DB it will flag those items as duped. Then there are few things that can happen. The newer of the 2 items will Poof, gone, bye bye... If this is the case not only are you a duper but your a scammer too! because whoever you sold your duped item to will be out the money and the item.
All the accounts that have touched the newer of the 2 items will be suspended, and then see number 1.
Nothing will happen accept all the accounts that have touched the newer item will be flagged and if another anomaly like this occurs again invaulving any of the flagged accounts they will be Banned.Also if you are not a liar and this dupe does work then in fact you ARE an idiot. Posting a working dupe to a forumn that verant reads quite frequently, is obviously idiotic. If the dupe doesn't work then yes you are a Liar AND and Idiot, so I geuss the best you can hope for is you're an idiot.

Please leave and NEVER come back.

high_jeeves
07-26-2002, 11:34 AM
Can we get a moderator to ban this guy, and report his IP? I think we'll be better off here, it we deal with people like this quickly.. I really would have for this to turn out like the hackersquest message board system has.

--Jeeves

DrJones
07-26-2002, 12:10 PM
first off... to get the copy of the item to work you have to get rid of it in a trivial way that the server for what ever reason somewhat overlooks... then get it back which registers an actual new version of the item to yourself... not sure why this works... probably just another bug. As for posting it here.. i don't care if verrant sees it.... a couple hours before i posted it here we already reported it to the GMs. They said they had no clue there was a bug... and had someone test it many many times with different items and combos. If anyone is curious if you report something like this just expect to have several gms come to you and ask you to prove it to them, then once the big guys come they'll run more tests... and don't expect to get any uber item or anything for reporting it. They do give you a title though. If anyone wants screen shots as proof i have them. We already reported the bug to the GMs long before i posted it here.

S_B_R
07-26-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by DrJones
first off... to get the copy of the item to work you have to get rid of it in a trivial way that the server for what ever reason somewhat overlooks... then get it back which registers an actual new version of the item to yourself... not sure why this works... probably just another bug. As for posting it here.. i don't care if verrant sees it.... a couple hours before i posted it here we already reported it to the GMs. They said they had no clue there was a bug... and had someone test it many many times with different items and combos. If anyone is curious if you report something like this just expect to have several gms come to you and ask you to prove it to them, then once the big guys come they'll run more tests... and don't expect to get any uber item or anything for reporting it. They do give you a title though. If anyone wants screen shots as proof i have them. We already reported the bug to the GMs long before i posted it here. And this one time at band camp.. ... ... ... ... ...

BULLSHIT!!!

Mr Guy
07-26-2002, 02:34 PM
I seriously hope it is true.

Then we can just email a link to this thread to the gms and say, "Hey, remember that guy you gave a title to for helping debug the dupe bug last night? Yeah, ban him, he uses ShowEQ and he wants to use it to make money and cheat other users. His IP is XXX.XXX.XX.XXX"

devnul
07-26-2002, 03:17 PM
Can someone delete this thread?

I seriously don't think this guy deserves to be banned, and he's put himself on the road.

He wasn't rude. He just asked a question that is frowned upon.

It woud be hypocritical in the EXTREME to work to having someone banned for using SEQ don't you think?

dn

high_jeeves
07-26-2002, 03:35 PM
But not to have him banned for duping. There is a difference between passive cheating and active cheating.

--Jeeves

devnul
07-26-2002, 03:45 PM
totally agree, but he won't get banned for duping because he /reported that

hell he said he got a title for it

so it's only SEQ that will bite him

doesn't sound to me like he was using it to rake in plat, or else he would have not asked the question about PP in the first place, capiche?

he apparently has a moral line which duping crosses and SEQ does not.. which you have to admit we all pretty much share

again, delete this, the poor sap doesn't deserve to be banned for using SEQ

dn

DrJones
07-26-2002, 05:52 PM
fyi i'm not using show eq. (no linux box yet... parts were suposed to be in today.. but no go) so basically all you cheat more than i do... heh...

and i wasn't the one who sat with the GMs (took my char out to LOIO and got some exp) it was a guildmate who spent the hours with them duping items the gm summoned for him and testing everything. He was the one who got the title. (and some nice screen shots of way uber items the GMs sumoned for him to dupe) He duped once on accident, then reported it to a GM... duped a TON of times, but each for a gm so they could test something. Nothing wrong with that is there?

and what's with this passive vs active cheating? cheating is cheating and it's wrong either way... sounds just like a way to make youself feel better. If your doing something with the game that wasn't intended and benefiting from it your cheating... regardless... you can look at it any way you want but that's the facts. (just depends how wrong you think it is)

Mr. Suspicious
07-26-2002, 09:41 PM
and what's with this passive vs active cheating? cheating is cheating and it's wrong either way...

Ok, obviously you aren't a politician. "No, that wasn't sex..."

DrJones
07-26-2002, 10:03 PM
the only difference i see between passive and active cheating is when you are cheating activly it's a specific act your doing... passive your just cheating all the time... now which sounds worse when put that way?

high_jeeves
07-26-2002, 11:14 PM
The difference is quite simple: Active cheating is actively affecting something in the game. Passive cheating does not affect anything in the game... There is a MAJOR difference. If ShowEQ gave us the ability to dupe items, run faster, make more money, Verant would rotate encryptions constantly, because we would be affecting the game world. As it stands now, ShowEQ is a glorified tracking system, it doesnt let you do much except find rares occasionaly (which a tracker can do), avoid death more frequently, and pull more easily.... The difference is quite plain.

--Jeeves

DrJones
07-26-2002, 11:23 PM
tracking is ment for rangers, finding corpses is reserved for necros... if your doing this and you aren't either of those classes than you are cheating... if you don't think so then try using that exscuse when a GM questions you.

high_jeeves
07-26-2002, 11:46 PM
I never claimed it wasnt cheating, but there is a clear and definable line that exists between using ShowEQ and duping. By discussing a GMs opinion, you are proving my point. Duping is an overt action which is a manipulation of the game, and is something that could be discovered by a GM, it is ACTIVE in the system. Using ShowEQ is not a manipulation of the game, it does not affect other users of the system, or the game economy.

This is EXACTLY why you got the response you did when you game here talking about exploits, and getting PP faster. These things are what ShowEQ users are againts, because if abused, they will mean additional problems for the ShowEQ team.

I am not claiming that using ShowEQ is not cheating, but it does not affect other peoples gameplay/environment/economy the way many system exploits/dupes do.

--Jeeves

BlueAdept
07-27-2002, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by high_jeeves
I never claimed it wasnt cheating, but there is a clear and definable line that exists between using ShowEQ and duping. Using ShowEQ is not a manipulation of the game, it does not affect other users of the system, or the game economy.

I am not claiming that using ShowEQ is not cheating, but it does not affect other peoples gameplay/environment/economy the way many system exploits/dupes do.

--Jeeves

I totally agree with you. One of the reasons why the economy on EQ is so bad was because of all that duping that was going on last year. (There were several in a row. One was even posted ON Verants message board (the one about the Monk FD dupe)). I think Verant found most, if not all of them.

Im not supprised if there were/are new dupe possibilities going on right now. I noticed 2 things with the new UI that might lead to a dupe but didnt bother investigating it.

As for rare spawns and the like on SEQ, who cares. I think most people now have at least one char 50+. 99% of the rares either have nothing that a lvl 50+ char would want or the thing is too strong to handle/too hard to get to by yourself.

lostpacket
07-28-2002, 09:56 PM
Man, it is SOOO easy to make pp!

Just drink more water.

Thank you! Good night!

Cleric
07-29-2002, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by DrJones
tracking is ment for rangers, finding corpses is reserved for necros... if your doing this and you aren't either of those classes than you are cheating... if you don't think so then try using that exscuse when a GM questions you.

Kinda funny - I basically feel Verant cheats us all the time by beating up us when they put buggy code in, then boot people because they used an "exploit". Another example is that crittres can cast sow underground and PCs can't. Another is the wonderful server side lag you get in places like OT or the newer zones. Also the fact that when you die to link death you are pretty much hosed unless it so happens that the entire server was affected. I mean come on, Verant basically looks at the players as the enemy in most cases, and you are always guilty until you can prove you are innocent. Take Ragefire, or the other epics.. Ragefire is my peeve - I sat that damn spawn for over a week, and suddenly the rules for play nice and being able to sit in line for a single spawn go out the window. There is no sharing for Ragefire, he spawns and Verant has decreed MIGHT = RIGHT. They can't even take the time to decently fix the problem and make it a bit easier to know that when you finally do get your chance at Ragefire you will really get it... Instead it becomes a free-for-all fuck-fest (pardon me) where the little kids and older buttheads that play the game just KS or do whatever they can (training Talendor is a good one) to get that kill. A few weeks ago someone setup and would have had the dragon dead but 1 group in their raid had a couple of ringers in it - they waited until the end and managed to get the kill - then looted all the items out without saying anything. For it to have gotten to that level is pretty sad, but it shows how much they really care for you personally. Every one of us is a number, and as long as the numbers are going up, you as an individual are pretty worthless to Verant.

No, ShowEQ doesn't change any of that - but it levels the playing field a bit. As a cleric (see the name) I can actually find your body and res it for you, even at odd hours of the night when you can't find a handy bard or a necro. I don't farm shit, I pretty much use it so I can avoid dying when I have to run through a zone (since I don't have the ability to cast invis, unlike every other caster and hybrid class does), and go help res someone that just asked me to cross three zones to "PLZ REZ ME". Sure, there are people that use it to be even more obnoxious than usual, but to me, it is a survival tool, not a way to get rich in the game.

If a GM decides to boot me for using it 90 percent of the time to avoid death, then so be it, I have other things I can do with my life :)

Peace.

lostpacket
07-29-2002, 07:21 AM
That is exactly how I use Seq also. Sure, it takes some of that 'newbie' suspense out of a new zone (new to me, anyway), but after level 50 what doesn't make you stronger kills you.

JackOfAll
08-01-2002, 12:10 PM
Hey we are all cheating by using SEQ. Fundamentally its like playing cards with a bunch of people and being the only one who can see what all the cards are. It doesn't guarantee you'll win but it makes it easier.

Personally I justify it by thinking that I'm compensating for my limited playing time and that I like stuff like this. It's educational, hehe.

KaL
08-02-2002, 07:25 AM
I use ShowEQ for pulling and keeping my group alive by avoiding too many difficult mobs.

All this does, in my opinion, is save time. It saves me time wandering around in circles looking for spawns of the right color, and it saves time from a CR. It also saves time when I might have taken a wrong turn and gotten lost in a zone I don't know 100% yet.

I don't use it to ph4rm ph4t l00ts by doing spawn cycles, or waiting for that blue moon rare mob with the uber drop... I just don't have the time to sit and wait for one mob, or to play by myself purely for plat.

I only play anymore so I can play with friends. The other strategies are fine if you sell crap on eBay, which I don't. I might possibly eke out a few more points of wis for my druid (who can already get to 255 by trading out a couple clicky items) so I can wear focus items all the time, or get the uberest stuff for my little lvl 15-20 twinks... but would it REALLY make all that much difference to my gaming experience? Nah.

After 3 years, for me, it's just about enjoying the game. Relax and have fun playing the game! The rest is just "new toy" syndrome.

KaL