PDA

View Full Version : Map not following character when zoomed

Dragonbane
12-29-2001, 07:34 PM
I am running SEQ4.0 on a P266 laptop loaded with Redhat 7.1. Everything is working as expected except when I'm moving around a lot when zoomed in.

I travel around a lot with SEQ set to x4 or x5 zoom to avoid mobs. On previous versions the map screen followed the character when traveling thru a zone when you were zoomed in. Now it seems that when I'm zoomed in the map stays centered where I was standing when I set the zoom and will not change even if I run outside the visible area. To get it to reset I have to zoom out and back in....kind of annoying. Is there a setting I'm missing that centers the screen on the loc of the character and follows the character around when moving?

I'm not sure if it's the machine I'm using not having enough nutz to handle the demands of the program so it's lagging behind or if it's a setting I'm missing.

Other than this problem and the experience windows not working (hint hint, yes I did vote on that) this is a real nice product. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Zaphod
12-30-2001, 09:13 AM
Unless follow mode is set to none, it should be following you. I'd suggest you get the latest CVS and if you still have the problem go to the "Debug" menu and "Dump Map Info", then copy the text out of the generated file (typically /usr/local/share/showeq/mapinfo.txt) and include it in a post in the forums.

Also check the "Follow" sub-menu off the maps right click menu and make sure it's set to "Player".

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

winseq
12-31-2001, 07:03 PM
More specifically, it doesn't update nearly often enough. Recently I've been running around at 2x mag and it only updates the map center about every 30 seconds or so.

Dragonbane
12-31-2001, 07:19 PM
That's it exactly. It takes a significant amount of time to update it's location. It does follow me but it's like I have to stop and wait for it to catch up, which usually takes 20 to 30 seconds. I just usually zoom out and back in to refresh it faster....not a very patient person. Like I said, not sure if it's just the platform I'm running it on but I'm going to try and get a map info dump tonight and post it.

Zaphod
01-01-2002, 01:00 AM
Ok, those last two were the crucial clues I was missing. I believe I've fix it in the latest CVS (01/01/02).

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Dragonbane
01-01-2002, 02:32 PM
Zaphod, you are awesome! Downloaded and installed the latest CVS this afternoon. Works like a champ! Keep up the good work!