PDA

View Full Version : does anyone?

domesticbeer
08-12-2002, 12:14 PM
Have the scripts from mapfiend's site that will convert and display the maps as png's?

Bartok
08-12-2002, 01:13 PM
Haven't actually tried them, but this is what I have.

domesticbeer
08-12-2002, 01:26 PM
Hmm time to look at PHP and see if i can decypher what he wrote.

Mr. Suspicious
08-12-2002, 01:36 PM
Have the scripts from mapfiend's site that will convert and display the maps as png's?

Even on this remote part of the forum, the "SEARCH" does apply. Chances are pretty high you won't be able to get them run, there's 2 topics on this forum (out of a whooping 50 posts) that will tell you what you need BESIDE the scripts to get them to work. Just *doh* select : Posts from "last year" and click "go" on the bottom of the forum to see them.

domesticbeer
08-12-2002, 01:56 PM
Rant ON

oddly enough I am not new to the search function. I did search on the the topic mapfiend scripts and got 3 hits but none had the info I was looking for. Now perhaps if I would like to look further into this I may do a deeper search and go farther but since bartok posted what I was looking for "the scripts or a link to them" It has answered my question.

I guess you caught me at a wrong time today. So, I am gonna be a little snippy. Now you have tweaked my interests. What did you search on? Since I used the "In the beginning" setting on my forum display I can not find a referrence to what else I would need to make sure that the php scripts run right.

What I know is that:
I have libpng and zlib and gd installed. I have compiled the cgi support in for SEQ. I know that if I go to the webserver, and browse for the drawmap.cgi it does not work. It wont generate the image.

Now if you would like you can search on the CGI function and find that hey Domesticbeer actually was trying to figure this out and has posted a patch to get rid of the GIF support since it requires a license from UNISYS. I also found that hey no icons are created and placed in the eq-icons directory and that fryfrog has noticed the same thing.

I am just looking for an alternative that I could use to see the Maps. Other then cranking up ShowEQ and manually loading the maps.

/Rant off

Mr. Suspicious
08-12-2002, 02:20 PM
No need to rant, I told you exactly how to find it, no?

select : Posts from "last year" and click "go" on the bottom of the forum to see them.

But that's not even needed: Look at the index of this forum, see the 6th thread named: ".map -> PNG/Gif"? Click, then read 2nd post and click the link (which takes you to a topic called "Map Editing Tools? " one of the threads on the FIRST 25 topics in this forum), read that entire post.

domesticbeer
08-12-2002, 02:28 PM
Ok you got me I did look at the thread and must have missed your post about the scripts. Mea Culpa.