PDA

View Full Version : zone specific filters

repudi8or
12-30-2001, 06:57 PM
Are zone specific filters useable in V4? I saw someone else ask about this earlier but I dont think he got a response. I notice in filtermgr.cpp some references to zoneFilterFileName. I am wondering if this is a feature you must turn on with an option. Anyone have any idea?

Repudi8or

Zaphod
12-30-2001, 09:56 PM
last I checked they worked. Just have to give the filter file the correct name, "filters_<zonename>.conf".

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

repudi8or
01-02-2002, 07:31 AM
Errrm,

I have tried filters_EmeraldJungle.conf and filters_emeraldjungle.conf, neither of which work. Does anyone have this working? If so what is the syntax of the file name required?

Regards Repudi8or

devnul
01-02-2002, 06:32 PM
the prefix to the filter file should be exactly the same as the name of the corresponding map file

they do work

they work with the new or old section headers (ie [alert] or [locate])

no i don't know why the section names were changed or think there was justification to do so, yes the new ones make sense, in a way, but the old ones weren't horrible and to me you don't make those changes for as little reason as subjective aesthetics

yes i liked the old blue circles and yellow triangles better;P

DN

Zaphod
01-02-2002, 09:37 PM
devnul, How the filtering system changed radically. It does a heck of a lot more than it used to, and no longer requires the 10+ sections that it used to try to make a single match (equiv to the new [Filtered] section. Also, both [Alert] and [Locate] sections are valid sections with different behaviors as are the [Hunt], [Caution], [Danger], and [Filtered] sections in the new system.

repudi8or, it looks like there is now a problem in that we are not always spotting/receiving the NewZoneCode, which is what the filter system has traditionally used to swap zone filters. I'm working on a fix.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)