PDA

View Full Version : Minor Details: Like Pits....

Rfalconer
09-02-2002, 10:13 AM
Was in kaesora recently and noticed the maps did not indicated traps or other obstacles, like the numerous pits in the zone.

Anyway those can be added or somehow flagged?

Cryonic
09-02-2002, 10:23 AM
Most traps are invisible mobs. As for adding pits, go ahead and map them then upload it here.

Rfalconer
09-02-2002, 10:35 AM
Would love to...

Is there a thread that describes how to do that? I'm new to this project but would like to contribute.

high_jeeves
09-02-2002, 11:01 AM
Yes, there is a thread that describes how to do this.. Welcome to the project, learn to search, and you will be a welcome member...

--Jeeves

Rfalconer
09-02-2002, 11:26 AM
Will being a welcome member mean I get to be arrogant and condescending like you?

If so, I can’t wait!

Dedpoet
09-02-2002, 12:12 PM
I searched on "directions" in the map forum and got this hit.

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=817&highlight=directions

Look for the post by curio.

Will being a welcome member mean I get to be arrogant and condescending like you?

Please don't come here and immediately insult someone with over 700 posts. Jeeves told you that the information was here and that we would welcome your input to the project.

Personally I would love to see an updated map of Kaesora - not just the pits, but the whole spider area is not very well done. I'd also like to see better maps of Guk. Maybe some day I'll get the motivation to get Seq working with EQEmu and do it myself, but if you would like to help, that would be great. Welcome to the boards.

Rfalconer
09-02-2002, 03:41 PM
I did not mean it as an insult, rather a retort.

I did do a search and did not find anything helpful.

Often times these boards are difficult to find specific information unless you know exactly where to look.

For someone with 700+ posts, I would expect helpful comments rather than RTFM. Anyone can post that, be it they have 1 or 1,000,000 posts.

I greatly appreciate you pointing me to the correct link.

RavenCT
09-02-2002, 04:47 PM
Oh no, not again!

:D

Mr. Suspicious
09-02-2002, 05:29 PM
Often times these boards are difficult to find specific information unless you know exactly where to look.

All you had to do was look throught the top 10 posts on this section. If you had, then you'd found that in the TOP post someone mentioned to use the search and in the SECOND post someone else explained step-by-step on how to adjust maps, it's the thread with the cryptic name: New Maps (http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=817)

And it's not like this section is humongous... even if you select to see all messages from the start then it's no more then 2 whole pages. And those 2 pages of threads contain about everything one could ever want to know about maps =)

high_jeeves
09-02-2002, 06:39 PM
Oh no, not again!

Dont worry Raven, I'm as tired of this shit as everyone else. I'm going to try to avoid threads where lazy people get upset because i dont do all their work for them.

Ratt: could we please change the search button to email me, so that nobody has to bother wasting their own time on these boards anymore? Or perhaps we can just get rid of the forums all together and just list my email?

--Jeeves

Cambik
09-02-2002, 11:03 PM
Having a bad day Jeeve's? I read these boards every day and If I was to respond to all the people asking the same questions every day I think I would be saying the same thing......I would just like to thank you and all the other developers that have helped make this a great program.

Cam

Cryonic
09-02-2002, 11:15 PM
Shows you that even with the warning on the front page in big print above the forums that people still whine about being flamed (and that was High_Jeeves on a good day) when they don't do what is suggested there and ask questions that are in the FAQ or easily found with search/reading the forum.

three-p-o
09-04-2002, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by high_jeeves

Ratt: could we please change the search button to email me, so that nobody has to bother wasting their own time on these boards anymore? Or perhaps we can just get rid of the forums all together and just list my email?

HAHAHA