PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ needs YOU

fee
12-31-2001, 01:18 AM
Recently there have been more and more features of showeq that are not recieving the programming support or documentation they require to continue to function.

One the biggest areas that needs work are the packet structures, those found in everquest.h. At this time many of the current structs are out dated and need lots of work. As an example the playerProfileStruct is 8106 Octets long, yet not even a quarter of that is documented. There are also numerous other structs dealing with spell casting that do not work.

Please ShowEQ needs your help to stay current and working at its best. If you find yourself with a little extra time, turn on global logging and go to town with it. Post any updates you may have to this thread and we will make sure they get used.

Cheers,
Fee

cmore
01-03-2002, 05:15 PM
At risk of revealing my newbie-ness, is global packet logging something that can be done with the SEQ app itself? If so would be happy to do what I can.

If you mean looking for misconfigured structs myself, I usually get it wrong when I try to 'fix' them so far. Still too new to gcc/linux

Nomad_
01-04-2002, 03:12 PM
Can you throw an example? What to look for where and what it should be? I can turn it on and let it rip for a while, dig through it later and send it your way.